IoT in Morocco: Weaving automation across SAP Business One® with Smart Scales
Pioneers in hand-crafted carpets for individuals, luxury hotels and large companies, ARTCO, worked
with MERIT to seamlessly implement SAP Business One and automate all business processes. Now
ARTCO are fully asserted in Morocco, and abroad, with its authenticity, creativity and uniqueness.
A bit of history Before SAP: Challenges
• ARTCO was unable to synchronize different business management modules within the company,
resulting in wasted time.
• Manual management caused errors across clocking, deliveries and inventory.
• New software was required that was responsive and able to adapt to ever-increasing demands.
The solution was the Digital Core:
• SAP Business One could coordinate all of ARTCO activities by ensuring information flowed
seamlessly between departments.
• SAP Business One enabled real-time tracking of sales orders from production to delivery.
• MERIT had a great understanding of SAP, and proposed an innovative solution based on IoT, which
they could integrate into SAP Business One.
The Intelligent Enterprise concept:
Artco is producing and selling large volumes of carpets to both B2B and B2C. Consequently they have to manage huge volumes of raw materials within their plant. For instance varieties of wool, models, colors, thickness, length etc.
For this purpose they decided to use smart scales sensors in order to automate, accelerate and make the production process the most accurate possible.
This IoT solution has been implemented by the SAP Partner MERIT who ensures their customers are using technology edge to achieve better business value.
How it works?
The IoT smart scale process has been integrated into the production of carpets in SAP Business One thanks to the sensors:
Coupling scale and wool consumption by color and by stage of the Production Order:
Scale and Wool Return coupling by color and by phase of the Production Order:
Snippet from the technical architecture: