Good to Know: How can end user help to catch an issue in C4C
As you know, sometimes the end user has problems that are difficult to replicate. So what are the steps you need to take when this is happening?
Follow these steps to help your IT or SAP team to help resolved the problems.
Scenario Services C4C:
I received an issue that when the user created a demand on the resource schedule the assign it be created several time in the same slot time and to the same resource. This behavior is difficult to replicate and for this reason I sent this steps to end users.
1 – Before start working, the user needs to run the following speed test to check his connectivity speed, by clicking on Download Test
Network diagnostics tool: Please replace “123456” with your own tenant number. As long as latency is below 250ms and bandwidth greater than 1.5mbps you should have good response times.
2- In case the speed is good (higher than 1MB and lower than 250ms), the user needs to clear the browser cache memory.
The steps are:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time as All time.
- Select the options Cokies and Cached Image
- Click Clear data.
3- Now the user can try reproducing the issue, in case it happens, the following logs must be collected:
– right-click anywhere on the browser and choose “Inspect”. Copy the performance result, It will always be there (independent of the browser) in green letters and will look like this:
– Close this window and press F12 in your keyboard Click Settings -> More tools-> Developer Tools. Select the tab Sources (as per below screenshot) and select Pause on caught exceptions
If any error message is caught, take a screenshot showing the path (marked in black) called and send it to IT team or SAP team to help you resolve the issue.
Please also take a screenshot from the Console facet, from the developer tools, there you will be able to see more details of the error.
How can we resolved the incidents mentioned in the scenario? Not yet, I´ll keep in touch when I get the error. 😎
Some important link to take more details about performance and best practices in this blog from Guru Shetti
I hope this is help for you and it enjoy the passion for C4C,