Top Innovations Picks from SAP Integration and Extension Suite (Q4/2021)
This is the second installation in a blog series on the SAP Integration and Extension Suite product roadmap. I hope to communicate our vision as well as key deliverables to our users. In this blog, I’ll show you some of the highlights of the Integration Suite and Extension Suite roadmaps. Please note that the top picks are based on my personal view, and does not reflect the full set of SAP innovations.
Delivered Innovations in Q4:
- If you followed TechEd 2021, you will be aware that SAP is further amplifying it’s low-code/no-code code offerings. With SAP AppGyver and SAP Business Application Studio (BAS), SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) now offers more low-code and no-code development options than ever before. With SAP Appgyver, we provide a visual app programming solution that combines an appealing UI with countless opportunities to incorporate complex workflows or APIs. The No Code Future is here! Please refer to the blog from Marko Lehtimaki. With the SAP Business Application Studio, developers, as well as users with minimal software development experience, can now build an enterprise-ready SAP cloud business application. The functions include data models and services, Fiori User interfaces for desktop and multi-channel, and Workflows. You can find out more about SAP’s new learning offering for citizen developers as well as upcoming innovations in the roadmap here
- SAP Workflow Management now includes advanced machine learning capabilities, which can recommend users actions that can be configured, trained, and automated without IT support. SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (iRPA) now also includes extended AI capabilities. Developers can use extended AI capabilities to retrieve contextual business data from unstructured documents and perform intelligent routing and classification. In addition, The newly announced SAP Process Automation solution enables no-code process automation on SAP BTP (Check out the blog from Sebastian Schroetel). It includes a simple drag-and-drop user interface, so business users or citizen developers can take advantage of end-to-end automation capabilities. This release will build on our existing Workflow Management and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) offerings. Customers can draw on the existing rich libraries of pre-built process packages and bots designed specifically to work with SAP applications, including options for SAP Ariba, SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA.
- Now customers are able to centrally access tasks within the SAP Task Center web app and handle tasks in an efficient and harmonized way (Read the blog from Fabian Lehmann). Customers can aggregate approval tasks from multiple SAP Solutions: SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP Fieldglass. On top of that, SAP Task Center functionality is also available in the latest release of SAP Mobile Start (version 1.1). If you would like to use the task center with SAP Mobile Start, please check out the blog from Ivan Chaushev
- SAP is also increasing the scope of the Free tier model for SAP BTP, which now includes individual developer access for services like SAP Integration Suite, SAP AppGyver, SAP workflow management. Shifting from free tier to paid production requires no additional contract. If the customers are satisfied with their previous developments, they can easily duplicate them into the production environment, saving significant time and effort.
- SAP Integration Suite will be available on Google Cloud Platform for Cloud Integration, Integration Advisor, and API Management by the end of 2021. Integration of non-SAP system data offers our customers a broad expansion of possibilities. That’s why the latest SAP Integration Suite update provides additional integration packs for SAP API Business Hub, Google Cloud Platform option to integrate SAP and non-SAP applications. Integration packs and adapters will also be available as “community content” on SAP API Business Hub.
👉🏽If you would like to download the roadmap in a pdf format, please click here.
Future planned innovations:
- We recently launched SAP AppGyver for no-code development and a new low-code release of Business Application Studio. In 2022, you’ll see deeper integration of these two experiences and richer capabilities towards creating applications to extend use cases for SAP products.
- In 2022, SAP API Business Hub will enable customers and partners to directly consume OEM adapters in the Cloud Integration capability.
- SAP Graph will be generally available in 2022 with support for S/4 HANA and SuccessFactors.
- Customers can also expect advanced process modelling capabilities with multi-user collaboration and triggers from SAP Process Automation in 2022.
Disclaimer: The items, dates and timing within the roadmap are subject to change and the continued development or release of a project on the roadmap is at the sole discretion of SAP. Since our roadmap is constantly evolving, please check out the roadmap explorer for the latest updates.