SAP Advanced SQL Migration version 3.5.2 is available as of December 2021
I am pleased to announce that SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool release version 3.5.2 is available as of December 2021. This new version is delivering some exciting new functionality, enhancements, and availability.
First, the 3.5.2 version is now available to the public as a community edition! This means that both SAP employees, partners, and now anyone can download and use the SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool to migrate their applications and SQL code to SAP databases. You can directly download from SAP Hana tools download page:
Also available in this 3.5.2 version is support for our new flagship database – SAP HANA Cloud. SAP HANA Cloud is a fully-managed, multi-cloud, multi-tier, multi-model, and consumption based database-as-a-service. The SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool now supports migrating application SQL from other third-party databases to SAP HANA Cloud for a faster, more accurate, and seamless experience.
A new SAP Community and topic page have been specifically created for SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool:
New features and enhancements in version 3.5.2:
- SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool now runs on Cygwin 3.2.0-1 or later and Perl 5.32 or later.
- Cygwin distribution is not provided with the tool (Cygwin installation procedure detailed in the documentation)
- Support for SAP Hana Cloud Hana database, minimum version QRC3-2021.
- SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 support, minimum version ASE 16.0 SP04 PL01
- New parameter #704 added for SAP Hana and SAP Hana Cloud Hana database warning counts.
- New parameter #757 added to lock migration tool generated users after running converted scripts.
- Gateway internal improvements related to security.
- Conversion for Oracle & SQL Server OFFSET/FETCH FIRST X ROWS in selects/views.
- Oracle “MODEL DIMENSION” is now detected.
- SQL Server nvarchar(max) conversion enhancements.
- Users/schemas creation enhancements for SQL Server.
- “CONNECT” statement (impersonation) enhancements in converted scripts for SAP Hana and Hana Cloud Hana database target databases.
- run_ddl_scripts.sh & run_sql_scripts.sh shell scripts enhancements.
- New shell script + Perl script provided to check SAP Hana errors/warnings output files for run_ddl_scripts.sh and run_sql_scripts.sh
- Internal enhancements.
Enjoy this new version and contact Advanced_SQL_Migration@sap.com if you need further help or have further questions/clarifications.
Community: SAP Advanced SQL Migration