SAP Fieldglass: How A Vendor Management System Can Help Your Company
Organizations often struggle with using external workers efficiently. The use of external workers and services based on contingent assignments and service contracts has been increasing globally, and processes have become more complex due to different local requirements and regulations. This is where SAP Fieldglass can help.
SAP Fieldglass is a market-leading vender management system (VMS) for contingent labor, independent contractors, and statements of work (SOWs). The software focuses on the management of external workers: determining staffing requirements (as part of recruitment and sourcing); active management of ongoing engagement and service orders; and billing and invoicing of the time, expenses, and services performed. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what the solution offers.
Benefits of SAP Fieldglass
SAP Fieldglass maps the entire procure-to-pay process for contingent labor and services, and makes it transparent at all times. Users don’t have to worry about switching between systems during the workflow by using single sign-on (SSO), electronic signatures, and standard or productized integrations from SAP Fieldglass to other systems. This provides companies with a comprehensive overview of all procurement based on SOWs—contracts for services and work packages—and temporary contingent workers. Payment flows are simplified by centralized and uniform invoicing, which reduces the burden on internal invoice verification. In addition, SAP Fieldglass enables you to make informed business decisions and evaluate industry-specific key performance indicators (KPIs) thanks to its comprehensive and intuitive reporting suite.
For global companies, SAP Fieldglass allows regional processes to be mapped and local requirements to be implemented against a global blueprint. This cloud-based application can also be configured and tailored to the specific needs of a company. As a software-as-a-service, SAP Fieldglass offers a simple method of implementation, a flexible and stable system, and a short time-to-value window for companies and corporations.
Is a VMS Right for Your Company?
To determine if a VMS system is relevant for you, consider how much of the following criteria is applicable to your company:
- The use of external workers, independent contractors, and SOWs takes place in different areas of the company and/or geographical regions.
- Your current software solutions and systems aren’t suitable for accurately measuring the location, number, or cost of external workers.
- Recruitment and purchasing processes aren’t fully supported by software and automated or multiple nonintegrated systems are used within the processes.
- Compliance—in terms of processes, documents, access, assets, and so on—isn’t fully provided, and a risk assessment for possible violations isn’t easy to execute.
- Responsibilities in the procurement process are unclear and unstructured between procurement, HR, and hiring managers.
If you want to learn more about SAP Fieldglass, there are 2 openSAP courses you can take:
Share and Connect
Questions? Please post as comment.
Useful? Give us a like and share on social media.
If you would like to receive updates, connect with me on LinkedIn > www.linkedin.com/in/jutta-villet