What is SAP Build Work Zone, advanced edition ?
Digital workplace is more than just a trend – it will influence our way of working in the future crucially. However, a lot of companies are not ready yet. Employees (as well as partner & customer) cannot find the information that are relevant to them because there are way too many applications to use, manual processes that decrease efficiency and information that is outdated. This costs time, money and is at the end not really satisfying regarding the end-user experience. These challenges can be addressed and user productivity can be increased by intelligently provide access to applications, processes, and information anywhere on any device.
2. SAP Launchpad Service and SAP Work Zone (extended capabilities):
Depending on the use case the Digital Experience portfolio of the SAP Business Technology Platform can help you with its numerous services. Two of them that are specifically designed to provide a central entry point are SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone. SAP Launchpad service is kind of the foundation that has a strong focus on the integration of business applications. SAP Work Zone however goes one step further, combining the Launchpad capabilities with homepages, workspaces, structured knowledge management, user engagement and interactivity. Since Launchpad is an integral part of SAP Work Zone it is possible to start with an app-centric use case based on SAP Launchpad service and later on extend the scope based on SAP Work Zone. Integration paths for that scenario are already available now (see here).
In the following section I will shed light on SAP Work Zone and the capabilities that it provides.
3. Benefit & Key capabilities:
SAP Work Zone enables you to build digital workplace solutions to increase user productivity and engagement. It centralizes access to relevant business applications, processes, information, and communication in a unified entry point that your users can access from any device.
- Empower business users and key users with easy-to-use self- services for decentralized content creation and page building
- Blend business data and unstructured content (news, docs, images, videos)
- Engage with users in interactive workspaces, forums, feeds and knowledge base
- Support users with smart, guided experiences
- Utilize content packages and templates for specific industries and lines of business
- Central access for apps, tasks, notifications, information and communication
- Seamless SAP and third-party apps integration
- Extensible framework for development, customization and branding
4. SAP Work Zone: Use Cases & Features
SAP Work Zone covers numerous use cases, for example:
- Digital workplace & next-gen Portals
- UX Integration
- Enablement & Learning
- Self-services & support
- SAP Enterprise Portal transition
- Extensions (apps & audience)
To serve these mentioned use cases, SAP Work Zone provides the following features and services:
5. Solution Diagram
SAP Work Zone provides a central entry point for employees, suppliers, and customers. It integrates with SAP Cloud solutions as well as SAP On-Premise solutions and is open for integration with 3rd party solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint Online. On top of that it combines data with processes, applications and information that can be shared in an engaging way. You want to find out more? Please have a deeper look into the following sites:
SAP Work Zone Homepage:
Digital Experience (SAP Work Zone and SAP Launchpad service) on SAP Community
SAP SuccessFactors Work Zone Homepage:
Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Please note that this blog was published prior to the re-branding related to SAP Build portfolio, which was announced at SAP TechEd 2022. SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone come together under the SAP Build Work Zone brand, with two editions: standard edition (formerly SAP Launchpad service) and advanced edition (formerly SAP Work Zone).
You can learn more in this announcement blog post: SAP Build Capabilities Explained | SAP TechEd | SAP News Center