Global Rail Asset Management Event Summary
SAP’s global Rail Asset Management (RAM) Customer Value Network activities concluded yesterday (2 December 2021) with the second online event for 2021. COVID was the cause that RAM 2021 was online as opposed to an annual in-person meeting. We keep our fingers crossed that we will be able to meet in person in 2022.
The event was well attended by 75 plus participants with representation from leading rail asset managers. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to help plan and facilitate the event. A big thank you to Orianda and Rizing for continued support to make RAM a great a great success.
The event focus was to showcase rail asset management digital transformation perspectives related to renovation of core solutions and industrialization of innovation. Agenda items, visualized below, included learnings and value of SAP S/4HANA Asset Management migration projects and new innovative SAP Industry Cloud partner solutions.
A quick summary of key agenda items follows below:
- Many SAP S/4HANA transformation projects are in progress or being planned. The first session shared rail asset management transformation perspectives (system integrator experiences from Orianda and Rizing and value perspectives from SAP). Presenters:
- Satish Garib, Market Unit Director Benelux (Rizing).
- Michael Zangl, Business Development Manager (Orianda).
- Darius Jurczyk, Industry Value Advisor (SAP).
- SBB shared an update of their rail asset management transformation activities. A very informative session with a few demonstrations highlighted selected SAP Intelligent Asset Management solution use cases. Presenters:
- Urs Gehring, Senior Consultant Business Development and Head of the Competence Centre Predictive Maintenance (SBB).
- Fabian Sommer, Business Development Manager (Orianda).
- Cogniac’s Visual Intelligence Platform automates and optimizes rail asset inspection and tracking tasks (both rolling stock and infrastructure) using enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) image and video analysis. Cogniac’s solution extends SAP’s rail asset management solutions and is an exciting new SAP Industry Cloud partner solution. Presenter:
- Bill Kish, CTO and Founder (Cogniac).
- SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management (ASPM) is a core solution helping customers improve the performance and enhance maintenance strategies of their rail assets. AsInt is a co-innovation partner with SAP and delivers a partner Risk Based Inspection (RBI) application that extends core SAP ASPM functionality (provides asset integrity functions within the SAP solution stack). Presenters:
- Michael Warren, Founder and COO (AsInt).
- Brian Williams, Solution Manager Asset Strategy and Performance Management (SAP).
- Building and renewing transportation infrastructure is an increasingly challenging endeavor. Investment in infrastructure is likely to grow significantly to meet productivity and safety requirements. IT will be the centerpiece of infrastructure asset management. Core pillars for transportation infrastructure management transformation are: (1) Digital Thread; (2) n-Dimensional Intelligent Digital Twin; and (3) Collaboration. The presentation shared an SAP solution management perspective of how SAP plans to play a key role in this transformation. It also highlighted an exciting SAP partner solution called Bruce delivered Nextspace. The solution provides amazing federated digital twin management capability that extends SAP solutions such as SAP Asset Intelligence Network and SAP Project Intelligence Network. Presenter:
- Johann Schachtner, Solution Manager, Transportation Asset Management (SAP).
The event shared SAP S/4HANA transformation perspectives and important SAP Industry Cloud focus areas and solutions with customers. I am specifically looking for companies to engage with around the following: 1) Visual Intelligence, 2) Reliability / Risk Based Inspection, 3) Collaborative Data Environment / Federated Digital Twin, 4) Interest to join Intelligent Asset Management Special Interest Group chaired by Urs Gehring form SBB. Please contact me if need more information on topics presented or want to connect about the focus areas I noted.
Please feel free to interact, respond, provide feedback and share your perspectives in the comments section.
The solution management team for Travel and Transportation wants to thank all customers and partners who contributed to make this event a great success. We are looking forward to connecting again in 2022.
If you want to find out more about Travel and Transportation at SAP, visit us at https://www.sap.com/industries/cargo-transportation-logistics.html and https://www.sap.com/industries/passenger-travel-leisure.html.