SAP TechEd Highlights & What’s Next for LCNC App Development
Hi fellow community members,
SAP TechEd in 2021 was full of great sessions (more than 100 👏) with insights on the latest technologies, updates from SAP executives and experts, and of course, many learning opportunities. In this post I want to share with you the highlights around low-code/no-code application development and give you some tips for “not-to-miss-content”.
In my last blog post I shared what to expect around application development at SAP TechEd. But just in case you could not join, here are all the sessions that are available on demand:
- Accelerate App Development and Process Automation with Low Code and No Code [CH029]
- Realize More Business Value with SAP Business Technology Platform [ST102]
- Make Your Business Intelligent with Enterprise AI [ST106]
- Make Model-Driven Applications with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model [DEV108]
- Scale App Development with SAP AppGyver and SAP Business Application Studio [DEV111]
- Scale Application Development with SAPUI5 [DEV160] (Workshop)
- Develop Applications from Start to Finish Through LCNC and SAP AppGyver [DEV161] (Workshop)
- Develop Enterprise-Grade Mobile Apps and Mobile Experiences [DEV162] (Workshop)
- Look at Sales and Service Cloud In-App Extension and Customization Options [ISP360] (Workshop)
SAP Low-Code/No-Code Unified Offering is Here!
One of the biggest highlights from this year’s edition was the launch of SAP’s unified low-code/no-code development experience on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). In his keynote, SAP’s CTO Juergen Mueller emphasized the developer talent gap and the growing demand for low-code/no-code tools to help both citizen and professional developers to increase productivity and innovate at scale.
To strengthen the low-code/no-code app development experience on SAP BTP, he then introduced SAP AppGyver for no-code development, and SAP Business Application Studio for low-code development, and invited Diana Roesner and Marko Lehtimaki to showcase how the solutions of SAP’s LCNC offering can work together. Watch the end-to-end demo leveraging SAP Work Zone, SAP AppGyver, SAP Business Application Studio, and SAP Process Automation, to create an application where service agents can order replacement parts directly out of SAP Service Cloud and build a workflow to streamline and speed up management’s approval process for these orders.
👉You should also check out:
- Article: SAP Now Provides a Unified Low-Code/No-Code Offering, Michael Weingartner, President of SAP BTP Core
- SAP TechEd News Guide: Low-Code/No-Code Development Experience
- Recording: Improve Developer’s Lives: Developer Keynote
- Demo: SAP Business Application Studio and SAP AppGyver with SAP Concur
- Solution Brief: Build Apps Fast with Low-Code and No-Code Application Development
Expert Panel on LCNC Application Development:
Learn about the role of SAP technology such as UI5, HANA, and Fiori in the new era of app development with low-code/no-code. Watch the session with experts Akseli Virtanen, Tim Back and Dganit Sheffer.
Now it is time for you to deep dive and try the solutions yourself! How?
Yuval Anafi has shared in his blog post about the value of the new low-code approach in SAP Business Application Studio, highlighting the benefits and giving you a sneak peek of the new capabilities with the visual programing environment for simplified application modelling. You can try SAP Business Application Studio for Low-Code Development by taking advantage of the free tier model for SAP BTP, and following the tutorials to “Develop Full-Stack App Using Low-Code Capabilities of SAP Business Application Studio”.
Also, Marko Lehtimaki has written about the vision of a no-code future with the arrival of SAP AppGyver. In this blog post by Harri Sarsa you can read about the latest and greatest of SAP AppGyver, including the new SAP Fiori theme. You can get started with SAP AppGyver with the free community edition and upskill with these tutorials.
Last but, definitely not least: we have a new Low-Code/No-Code Learning Journey!
Low-Code / No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers offers units with short lessons and a mix of videos, text, and diagrams, making them super easy to consume. The first 4 units are now available, including an “Introduction to Low-Code/No-Code Application Development” and “Build a No-Code Mobile App with SAP AppGyver”.
And if you’re interested in other areas of SAP’s LCNC portfolio, check out the blog posts from Vera Gutbrod and Pierre Col for the latest updates on digital experience services and process automation.