SAP Task Center is now available in SAP Mobile Start
Here’s what the integration of SAP Task Center in SAP Mobile Start means for you and your business.
SAP Task Center functionality is available in SAP Mobile Start from version 1.1. In this blog post, I would like to give you an overview of SAP Task Center and explain what this will mean for you when using SAP’s applications on your mobile devices.
What is SAP Task Center?
SAP Task Center is an infrastructure kernel service on the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), Cloud Foundry environment. It enables integration with SAP applications to provide all your assigned workflows tasks in one place. SAP applications that are currently integrated with Task Center are: SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Fieldglass and SAP SuccessFactors. The approval tasks from SAP Ariba and SAP Concur will be available in the near future.
All the tasks that are assigned to you can be accessed through the SAP Mobile Start application as well as the SAP Task Center web application.
Using SAP Task Center on mobile devices with SAP Mobile Start:
Workflow approvals are great example of a situation in which people must interact with multiple business processes and access data and applications from various systems.
Even on a desktop, this can be quite challenging when approvals are scattered across multiple solutions – and this experience is even less optimal for mobile users. Complexity would simply be too high to provide a delightful process for running a workflow approval. This now changes with the launch of SAP Task Center in SAP Mobile Start.
SAP Task Center streamlines cross-product approval flows and can be enabled in the SAP Mobile Start app. You can now access tasks within the new “To Do” screen on SAP Mobile Start and process them in just one tap. Thus you no longer need to install numerous inboxes from various applications.
At a glance – here are the key features of the SAP Task Center integration with SAP Mobile Start:
- View all your assigned tasks – workflow tasks from multiple SAP solutions are gathered in one list by the SAP Task Center service. You can find the items that require your approvals in one screen and will have an overview of items with pending actions.
- Use quick actions to quickly process your task – tapping the three dots on the top-right corner of the chosen task will open the quick action menu. You can process a task with only one tap, which then will remove the task from your “To Do” screen.
- Access task information and available actions in details – you can tap on a task and open the “Details” screen to see more information and all available actions. If the information shown is not sufficient, you can open the task directly in the target system (SAP application) by clicking on “Open” action button.
How to integrate SAP Task Center
SAP Task Center is activated per sub-account on SAP BTP. Refer to the help page to see how SAP Task Center service can be activated using a booster/guided-procedure to accelerate the configuration and to integrate it with SAP applications. Any SAP Launchpad service site defined on this sub-account, and therefore SAP Mobile Start app connecting to those sites will have access to SAP Task Center functionality. Any user with the SAP Task Center tile on their launchpad site will also get the “To Do” screen activated on their mobile app.
Mobile doesn’t simply facilitate access to enterprise apps on a smaller screen, It can provide an experience that brings tremendous opportunities and is an essential part of a user’s lifestyle. The SAP Task Center functionality in SAP Mobile Start is another example of SAP delivering the power of the Intelligent Enterprise to the fingertips of our customers.
- SAP News Center: SAP Task Center: Click, Read, Approve, Repeat!
- Blog Post: Handling Tasks in an efficient, integrated and harmonized way using SAP Task Center
- Blog Post: Getting Started with SAP Task Center on SAP BTP
- Blog Post: SAP Mobile Start for Android is available – June 2022
- Demo at SAP TechEd 2021: SAP TechEd Session Replay – Integrate Solutions in Your Intelligent Enterprise: What’s Trending? (SAP Task Center Demo at approx. 28:00)