SAP Intelligent RPA Success Stories – Hronovsky Reduces Time and Errors with creating Invoices via Robot
Today I will share with you a solution that we implemented at our customer. We used the SAP Intelligent RPA environment because the process has multiple steps, and you need to work with MS Outlook, PDF and SAP ECC. Working with incoming invoices required a lot of manual work with no added value.
Hronovský has been a leading supplier to the European automotive industry for 30 years. The company is engaged in the production of cable assemblies, CNC machining, moulding of plastic parts and assembly of mechatronic components. The company is expanding internationally and taking over the existing IT architecture of its new subsidiaries as part of acquisitions. SAP Intelligent RPA offered a fast and efficient solution for process automation.
- Hronovsky as a supplier of automotive fuels communicates with its customers via EDI
- However, many suppliers do not have EDI capability, and their invoices arrive via email as ePDFs
- Incoming Invoices were manually entered into SAP MM
SAP Intelligent RPA is a flexible solution and uses intelligent robots to automate repetitive manual processes. As a robotic process automation layer on the SAP Business Technology Platform, it can redirect resources to high-value activities and processes.
HCM line is an SAP Partner focused on the new SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation product. Our consultants have more than 20 years of SAP experience.
After Robot implementation
We created an Robot in Desktop Studio that performs all the steps automatically. The robot runs three times a day, at 6:00 AM 6:00 and 6:30 PM.
- All invoices from frequent suppliers are automated
- Elimination of manual transcription of invoices into SAP and easy correction of errors in already created invoices
- Easy extension options to other suppliers
- Low implementation costs
- The robot uses the SAP standard for logistic invoice liquidation
- If there is no Goods Receipt yet, the established invoice is waiting for it
The robot so far only processes MM invoices for Goods Receipt, which are the majority. We are currently extending our solution to work with SAP Document Information Extraction. So it will be possible to automate less frequent invoices as well.
“SAP Robot has eliminated a lot of manual work for us. The price / performance ratio of the Robot is very good. Cooperation with the HCM line was professional throughout the project. We positively evaluate HCM’s expertise and its activity, which led to the successful deployment of the SAP Intelligent RPA solution with ERP SAP. (Zbyněk Hořínek CFO Hronovsky BG EOOD)
Result : 20.000 incoming Invoices per year, 85% automated
Share with us your experience in automating the Incoming Invoice process.
You can also direct your questions to the Q&A link for SAP Intelligent RPA https://answers.sap.com/tags/73554900100800002142