Machine Learning with Image-Based Buying in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Image-based ordering in SAP S/4HANA Cloud allows users to reference an image to quickly create a purchase requisition. This is facilitated using machine-learning algorithms. Users can search catalog items based on the image. If the Image is available already in the cross catalog, recommendations would be provided based on similar images and patterns. This can be especially helpful when the item is not known, for example a complex mechanical part or electrical component.
Images could either be added into the shopping cart from a laptop, or an image-based app. Purchase Requisition is then created from the shopping cart
- Image Based buying helps to reduce manual efforts in searching a product in a catalog thus easing the purchase requisition creation.
- Searching by Image in a catalog add benefits for the purchasers to identify a similar image easily and reduce errors
- Intuitive procurement by ordering based on image scan and search
- Improve and automate purchaser notifications
- Scope item Schedule Export of Catalog Item Images for Machine Learning (3UH) should be active.
- After the activation of Schedule Export of Catalog Item Images for Machine Learning (3UH) scope item is successfully completed, request activation of SAP managed communication scenario SAP_COM_1054 (SAP Intelligent Insights for Procurement Integration). To do this, use BCP ticket component: XX-S4C-OPR-SRV.
Create a separate incident for SAP managed communication scenario activation for each system.
- Mandatory Catalog Integration (Requisitioning 18J) set up is to be done before Image based buying set up.
- Data extraction and training by scheduling job via app “Schedule Export of Catalog Item Images for Machine Learning”.
System Set Up
Activate Machine Learning Scenario
Activate the machine learning scenario as below
Define Settings for Cross-Catalog Search
Go to “Define Settings for Cross-Catalog Search” and unselect the Hide Search Bar.
Maintain the Default Setting for Users
Go to App “Default Settings for Users” and give your user id. Maintain Plant, company code, currency, Source determination, Purchasing document type and Catalog.
Once all the prerequisites are completed and system set up is done, we can use the app “Create Purchase Requisition” to search the catalog item and create shopping cart.
This blog post should help you to understand in detail about Image based buying in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Thanks for reading this blog post, hopefully the blog post was informative.