TOP 5 expected new SAC functionality in 2022
As most of you know, SAC has a convenient and most importantly periodically updated roadmap explorer.
If you look at all the planned by business capability and period, then at the current moment (August 2022) there will be such a distribution and dynamics (upd 16/08/2022)
After analyzing >70 planned updates (!) for the next 2022, I decided to compile my top-5 list of favorites.
TOP 5 FAVORITES LIST
1.LIVE CONNECTIVITY TO SQL SOURCES
Description: Connect to data contained in SQL databases, without replication, which is especially useful in the case of data lakes.
2.COMPOSITE WIDGETS AS REUSABLE WIDGETS IN ANALYTICS DESIGNER
When is it planned: Q3 2022, unfortunately, the plan was shifted to Q2 2023 (upd 16/08/2022)
Description: Composite widgets as reusable widgets in analytic applications (phase one):
- Basic features for creating composite widgets
- Basic features for consuming composite widgets in analytic applications
Enable the application designer to leverage composite widgets across analytic applications to:
- Modularize applications
- Maintain applications more easily
- Speed up development time
3.MULTI ACTIONS – PREDICTIVE PLANNING
Description: Ability to execute a predictive forecast in line with other planning operations from within a multi action:
- Predictive step type available within the multi action designer
- Ability to schedule execution of the predictive forecast at a predefined time or interval through the multi action calendar task
- Extend support for end-to-end planning workflows
- Execute a preditive forecast in line with other planning tasks
- Automate scheduling of a predictive forecast using the calendar
4.DATA ACCESS CAPABILITIES FOR CUSTOM WIDGETS
Description: Further enhancements planned for the data access feature:
- Addition of value help for feeding APIs such as add-dimension and add-measure APIs
General availability of data access functionality for custom widgets for customers and partners
- Enable customers and partners to use the data access capability for custom widgets to conveniently assign the data model in SAP Analytics Cloud to custom widgets
5.DATA CHANGE INSIGHT ON SAC HOME SCREEN
Description: Add Data Change Insights as a tile on the SAP Analytics Cloud home screen to include:
- Subscripted data changes across applications
- Ability to search a certain data change
- Ability to filter data changes with different criteria (top N, time range, importance, and the like)
- Conveniently filter and search important Data Change Insights across different analytic applications through centralized access to data change insights as a tile on SAP Analytics Cloud home screen.
Detail about Data Change Insight – in this blog
Perhaps this top-5 will be adjusted as new planned functionality appears.
Write in the comments about your top-5 expected features in SAC in the next 2022.
Hi Aleksey Salinin , I love your #3 favorite pick :-). Working on it right now. Nice post!
Our reference blog on the new capability: https://blogs.sap.com/2021/11/30/automate-forecast-update-with-predictive-planning/
Hi, Enterprise Planning is mine favorite. Thanks for sharing. Best regards Robert
Also in 2022 I am expecting Administration Cockpit, about which Thomas Fery wrote.
But I haven't seen it yet on the roadmap list.
update 30/11: appeared in roadmap ->