Real time integration (RTI) with IBP Order based planning
SAP has been conceptualizing on real time integration between ECC and S/4 HANA and IBP since long time and now they have the roadmap for it. As the order series planning happens quickly, data is also needed at the same time to make that happen without any disruptions.
Now the data is transferred as soon as it is created or changed in the source system. Real time integration allows to send the data in real time and also it allows to do delta transfer unlike in SDI where we have to send the full data every. Real time integration is based on Asynchronous method (Fire and forget) so if change triggered from ECC and S/4 HANA fails in IBP, then it should be reprocessed with in IBP and not be triggered again from source system.
Some advantage over smart data integration (SDI)
- Real(near) time integration as opposed to periodic batch job in SDI.
- Push logic for master and transactional data as opposed to full method in SDI.
- Supports both initial and delta load as opposed to full load in SDI.
There are additional RTI BADIs’ provided for all master data and transaction to do any enrichment/filter before transferring to target system.
What is needed?
- Cloud connector if source system is on premise.
- Create/configure integration model in ECC and S/4 HANA like in APO.
- Implement BADIs using ABAP code if any filter/enhancement is required.
- In IBP 2111 version, below master and transactional data are included from ECC and S/4 HANA to IBP for real time integration.
Production Data Structure (PDS)
Transportation Lane (TL)
Purchase Requisitions/ Purchase Orders/ Stock Transfer Requisitions/ Stock Transfer Orders/ Inbound Delivery
Sales Order/ Outbound Delivery
- Include reverse integration from IBP to ECC and S/4 HANA in real time, currently this is via batch job the same way it is happening through SDI.
- Add BW and non-SAP systems.
- Include S/4 HANA on cloud to integrate with IBP using RTI.
Change in time series integration
- There is no change in time series integration. CI-DS (Cloud integration for data services) is used for time series integration between ECC and S/4 HANA and IBP. CI-DS was changed from CPI-DS (Cloud platform integration for data services) at the beginning of this year.
- SAP plans to bring time series integration under RTI in the future.
- IBP specific add-on staging tables on ECC and S/4 HANA will still be available for time series extractors and SAP plans to add more standard objects onto it.
System requirement for RTI
- ECC EHP4
- S/4 HANA 2020
RTI inbound to IBP architecture
RTI outbound from IBP architecture
RTI is going to be the future for all order base integration scenarios as the data is needed on a real time basis for smooth planning in IBP.
SAP is also planning to bring time series integration under RTI which is happening through CI-DS currently.
If customers are using both SDI and RTI, there is a different planning area for both. SAP7 is used for SDI and SAPF7 is used for RTI. F here stands for flexibility.