How The Intelligent Enterprise Can Harness The Power Of SAP AI
Less than a decade ago, artificial intelligence (AI) would have been considered the realm of science fiction. Yet today, we have hundreds of businesses in scores of industries leveraging the power of AI in their daily work. SAP AI is an excellent example of a cross-disciplinary system that can be used for setting up and managing intelligent enterprises. Artificial intelligence has formed the core of how businesses interact with data. AI can combine with automation to provide a robust system that almost runs itself. Human inputs would be at a minimum as the system does everything itself. Of course, that’s the ideal situation, and we haven’t gotten that far in linking AI and automation together. But the framework for something like this already exists in SAP.
The Depth of SAP AI Business Services
SAP is a suite of tools that sees use in many industries worldwide, thanks to its adaptability and flexibility. The AI Business Suite packages with SAP, therefore, need to be just as adaptable. SAP AI offers a collection of business applications tailored to fit the specific needs of a business, regardless of which industry they operate in. Data Intelligence is the core element that allows SAP AI Business Services to function. SAP AI Business Services enable a company to establish an enterprise-grade platform that can leverage machine learning in the cloud. Developers have the benefit of a scalable and secure platform to deploy their applications onto. They can even tap into the machine learning algorithms to allow the AI agent to “learn” from its iterative processes.
SAP Conversational AI
Previously called Recast.AI, this AI conversational engine leverages the developmental expertise of 30,000 programmers working on over 60,000 bots. The result is a world-class legion of AI chatbots built to handle any situation that may arise. The Conversational AI can effortlessly integrate with social media, making it simple to have a single bot run social media profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The AI agent has quite a wide range of knowledge for an automated program. The Conversational AI demonstrates the following features:
- Ability to recognize business objects: the AI can automatically recognize business mentions within the current application context and in screenshots and conversations.
- In-Context chat: The bot can perform chat with another human being in context. The Natural Language Interaction (NLI) engine allows for more organic interaction with clients.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation
All lines of business that involve repetitive and time-consuming tasks could greatly benefit from robotic process automation. SAP realized that their clients needed support in this area and developed SAP intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to solve this need. Thanks to the inclusion into the SAP suite, the RPA module can be seamlessly integrated with other SAP tools, including Conversational AI (mentioned above), SAP Workflow Management, SAP Inventory Management, and other modules that the business can benefit from. SAP Intelligent RPA allows the production of bots that can run in either the foreground or background of a system or be connected through a server. RPA lowers the amount of knowledge a person needs to develop a bot, making automation more accessible.
AI in SAP S/4HANA
With many companies realizing how useful it is to have a cloud-based business suite, SAP S/4HANA suits their needs perfectly. Yet, so few of these businesses realize the power that S/4HANA can offer to them through the intelligent application of artificial intelligence. SAP Business AI Service capabilities interact with several of the suites that users have access to in S/4HANA. Among the elements that can directly benefit from SAP Business AI Services are:
- Procurement: The AI engine can automatically detect invoice details from scanned images and arrange for services categorization, invoice payment automation, and more.
- Operations: Predictive Asset Insights from SAP allows for basic analytics processing. The AI engine can also perform quality assessment from images and stock substitution if needed.
- Sales and Marketing: Sales forecasting, customer retention, and selling recommendations can come from the AI analytics engine.
- Finance: Automated matching of incoming invoices to outstanding receivables speeds up the process of processing invoices and paying suppliers.
- Human Resources: Resume matching along with smart determination of the business’s needs. The human resources engine can also provide career recommendations and learning path recommendations.
- Master Data: Smart processing of current data and removal of duplicate records. Businesses can also use a semantic text search to find the information they have stored in their data assets.
The Intelligent Enterprise, Automation, and SAP AI
While AI is already very advanced, it’s limited by what it can learn. Machine learning algorithms can perform tasks of varying complexity, but they still only provide the raw data to individuals. Even these recommenders can only create data that a human would have to understand and relate to others. The Intelligent Enterprise has to know how to best apply this data to their product life cycles or existing systems to get the most out of it. Typically, this means combining AI systems with traditional approaches and leveraging the power of an analytics engine alongside conventional knowledge. The world around us isn’t predictable, and no matter how much incoming data an organization has, it still needs to consider real-world anomalies in its planning and execution.
One of the most potent things that automation does is free up human labor for use in other things. By reskilling employees from the jobs they currently hold into a more supervisory capacity, a business can leverage the human side of their business alongside AI. This combination can create powerful interactions that shore up the flaws in both a human-dominated and AI-dominated system. AI is not a cure-all, and a business shouldn’t use it as such. It’s a tool that gets better the more it’s used. Companies leveraging SAP AI Business Services get the benefit of a single, integrated suite for their AI operations along with ready-made tools to get their AI implementations up and running faster than ever before.