Manage GHS Classification and Northern Ireland Protocol Support with Product Compliance
Available from November 2021, the Manage GHS Classification app has now been released to customers. With this app, you can create Global Harmonized System (GHS) Classification assessments for safety data sheets and use on labels for unpackaged products and raw materials. This will assist in chemical classification based on several categories to promote safer working conditions and protect the environment.
Information given above at the product level, can later be printed on necessary packaging to warn warehouse and transportation personal about the precautions needed when handling the shipment. Additionally, releasing this assessment will allow the information to be used in follow-on processes such as reports.
Keeping you up to date is very important; in addition to the usual regulatory content, updated compliance requirements to comply with the Northern Ireland Protocol are here. This support includes information regarding all requirements for shipping chemical products and materials between the European Union, Northern Ireland, and Great Britain.
Here are the details about the new regulatory content delivered with the newest release of SAP S/4HANA for product compliance:
- 30 new versions compliance requirements for substance list checks
- 12 updates of existing compliance requirement version for substance list checks
- In total 136 compliance requirements (substance list check pattern) available now
Safety Data Sheet Management
- 23 new compliance requirements within this release
- In total 128 compliance requirements related to SDS Management
Dangerous Goods Management
- 14 updated compliance requirements with this release
- In total 14 compliance requirements available now
Occupational Exposure Limits
- In total 91 compliance requirements available now