Increasing automation with SAP Broker Reconciliation for Commodity Derivatives
Commodity organizations that purchase and sell derivatives for hedging purposes, or otherwise, must ensure their system of record matches that of their brokers who executed them on their behalf. It is an important, manual, tedious & time-consuming job, that needs to be done daily. This is because traders would assume their current position to be correct and form a basis for further trading decisions for the day.
With SAP Broker Reconciliation for Commodity Derivatives, customers can automate the comparison and reconciliation of their derivative accounts with statements received from their trading and clearing brokers and detect any discrepancies much earlier, thereby reducing their commodity market risk exposure.
The Industry Cloud is SAP’s strategy to extend the intelligent suite with innovative cloud solutions. Built by SAP and partners, it offers an agile, open business and technology platform for our customers. Watch Julia White, SAP’s Chief Marketing and Solutions Officer, provide a great intro on the Industry Cloud. Explore even further at https://www.sap.com/industries/industry-cloud.html and Industry Cloud Community.
SAP Broker Reconciliation for Commodity Derivatives allows to reconcile Trading Broker statements, focusing on the daily trading activities, as well as Clearing Broker statements, including more information on overall account positions, changes in positions and exercised options.
Key features of the product include:
- The ability to import trading and broker statements
- Extraction of commodity risk derivatives information for exchange traded futures and options from SAP Commodity Risk Management for SAP S/4HANA
- An interface enabling customers to include risk derivative information from third-party systems
- Automated comparison and reconciliation of trades and positions against broker statements
- User-friendly web-based SAP Fiori app, allowing end users to work on exceptions for missing trades and mismatches in trades as well as to manually reconcile open items
- Versioning of reconciliations and auditable reconciliation history
Check out more information on SAP Help.
What are the benefits?
Customers will benefit by using the product in the following ways:
- Automate the reconciliation process resulting in workload reduction for middle and back-office risk management staff
- Increase speed and efficiency for trade reconciliation
- Reduce the likelihood of errors compared to today’s processes involving custom solutions and even manual steps
- Decrease financial risk due to inaccurate positions from undetected discrepancies
What’s Next for the Broker Reconciliation?
Future functional enhancements target the handling of margins, broker fees and performing matching and closeout activities. To stay up to date on the future of Broker Reconciliation for Commodity Derivatives, see the SAP Roadmap Explorer.
Now, you have learned about the business challenges in Broker Reconciliation and the benefits of automation and how SAP addresses and streamlines this process with the new SAP Broker Reconciliation for Commodity Derivatives App.
Please feel free to ask questions on Industry Cloud in general or this App in particular.