Quick & Short understanding of SAML IDP
Below is a brief about my understanding of the SAML Advantages, Components and Workflow.
Security Assertion Markup Language abbreviated and commonly known as SAML is a system component that is used to authenticate users in Single Sign On (SSO) enabled systems.
Advantages of SAML,
- A single corporate directory listing all the users
- Reduced numbers of screen to enter credentials
- Reduced efforts to maintain multiple passwords
- Reduce support activities related to password resets
SAML mainly has three components involved as listed below,
- End User – a person or entity who will be using an application
- Application – an application for which the user needs an access,
- Corporate directory – a common corporate directory containing all the organizations employees needing access to the application in discussion.
How it works,