Webinar Recap: Best Practices for SAP Analytics Cloud Backend and Analytics Designer Performance
SAP Analytics Cloud is an extremely powerful tool for business intelligence (BI), augmented analytics, predictive analytics, and enterprise planning – all in a single solution.
The SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Webinar Series was created to provide best practice and troubleshooting information to users, story designers and modellers so you can obtain the maximum performance and capability from SAP Analytics Cloud. You can access the on-demand recording of this session here: Best Practices for SAP Analytics Cloud Backend and Analytics Designer Performance webinar.
The webinar contains 4 main sections:
- SAP Analytics Cloud Backend Performance Best Practices
- SAP BW
- SAP HANA live
- SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Troubleshooting
- Using SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Analysis Tool to analyze performance issues
- Using Chrome Developer Tools to analyze SAP Analytics Cloud performance issues
- Analytics Designer Performance Best Practices
- Analytics Designer Performance Troubleshooting
1) SAP Analytics Cloud Backend Performance Best Practices
Starting at 3:07 the general performance best practices are presented.
At 6:56 we explore 11 Golden Rules for SAP Analytics Cloud with SAP BW live connection. We cover golden rules which could be implemented by story and query designers as well as golden rules which can be performed on admin level.
From 16:00 we present SAP Analytics Cloud Backend Performance Best Practices for SAP HANA live connection. We cover best practices for model design, Performance Analysis Tool, backend, and other best practices.
2) SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Troubleshooting
At 21:31 you will find SAP Analytics Cloud performance troubleshooting portion of the webinar. We start by describing a powerful SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Analysis Tool.
In this section we also describe how to prepare computer for troubleshooting.
From 23:04 we also present how to troubleshoot SAP Analytics Cloud by using Chrome Developer Tools, how to collect and analyse network trace (HAR file) and we also demo how to find a widget that caused a long backend call.
3) Analytics Designer Performance Best Practices
For an in depth look at Analytics Designer best practices, you may wish to fast forward to 35:34 in the webinar. This section describes the architecture which analytic applications are built upon.
At 37:32 you will also find best practices. In this section you will find a description of how various product features can help to optimize the application performance:
- Load invisible widgets in the background
- Use the Pause Refresh API
- Enable Planning for Tables only when planning is used
In this section we also provide recommendations on how API functions can help to optimize the application scripts performance.
4) Analytics Designer Performance Troubleshooting
From 55:23 you will find the beginning of the Analytics Designer troubleshooting portion of the webinar. Building custom analytic applications is an integral part of what makes SAP Analytics Cloud very powerful. In the event you discover any performance issues with your applications, you may find the following information helpful:
- Always check the SAP Performance Analysis Tool to see how long each action and widget loading takes.
- Insert “?APP_PERFORMANCE_LOGGING=true” into the URL for additional logging features
Analytics Designer Best Practices Key Takeaways
At 65:48 you will find the summary of the most important analytics designer best practices.
Learn More About SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Best Practices
This blog post provides an overview of the Best Practices for SAP Analytics Cloud Backend and Analytics Designer Performance webinar. Be sure to visit the ON24 page for a full replay of the webinar at Best Practices for SAP Analytics Cloud Backend and Analytics Designer Performance. Here, you will be able to watch the session on demand, as well as download additional resources – including the presentation slides.
For those seeking additional resources, we invite you to look at some of the following:
- KBA: Master Knowledge Base Article on SAP Analytics Cloud performance troubleshooting
- Blog: SAP Analytics Cloud Best Practices for Performance
- Help: How to enable HTTP/2 to support multi-processing in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Blog: SAP Analytics Cloud Performance Analysis Tool
- Blog: SAP Analytics Cloud Optimized View Mode
- Chrome Developer Tools
- KBA: FAQ: SAP HANA Multi-Dimensional Services (MDS)
- SAP Note: Long runtime for input help read mode M
- SAP Note: Considerations when using SAP BW and SAP S/4HANA Live Connections in SAC
- Help: SAP Business Warehouse Query Merge
- Help: Optimizing two structure query performance
- Help: SAP HANA performance analysis for the view
- Resource: SAP Analytics Cloud SAP BW live connection best practices
- SAP Note: SQL optimization
- Blog: Performance Best Practices for SAP Analytics Cloud, Analytics Designer
- SAP Note: Performance hints for SAP Analytics Cloud Analytics Designer applications