Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management Enhancements with recent SAP S/4HANA releases
With the recent SAP S/4HANA 2021 and SAP S/4HANA FPS2 releases functional enhancements have been delivered for Project System as well as for Portfolio and Project Management. This blog will provide an overview about the delivered features and links to related information. Past, recent and planned upcoming enhancements for Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management in SAP S/4HANA are available via SAP Road Map Explorer.
- Key User Extensibility Fields for selected PS reports:
For structure reports and some other reports it is now possible to add key user extensibility fields to the output list (available with SAP S/4HANA 2021). This blog gives a detailed description, how to include the fields in the reporting. This enhancement is based on the Custom Fields using Key User Extensibility for Project System that were delivered with SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS2 (Blog).
- Extended Read API for Project Definition and WBS element:
With SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS2 the API to read project definition and WBS element details has been extended by additional fields, such as forecast dates, responsible person or controlling area information. The details about the API can be found on SAP API Business Hub.
- Fiori App Project Schedule:
Visualization for project structure and scheduling information in a SAPUI5-based Gantt Chart for Project System projects is available with SAP S/4HANA 2021. A detailed review of the app and its features is available in this blog.
- Selection from multiple business partner addresses in projects:
With the business partner adoption for customers in S/4HANA, it is possible to have multiple delivery addresses per business partner. With SAP S/4HANA 2021 it is possible to select from these multiple addresses within the context of a project for:
- Creation, change, or display of delivery information
- Delivery from a project
- Project-oriented procurement (ProMan) (see also Business Impact Note 2267384)
Portfolio and Project Management
- Enhancements for Risk Management:
With SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS2 the archiving of risk versions for projects and portfolio items has been improved. View overview video for Risk Management in PPM.
- Enhancements for Commercial Project Management Integration:
With SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS2 the integration between PPM and CPM has been enhanced by
- Synchronization of additional attributes between commercial projects and portfolio items
- Align deletion of object links for commercial projects and projects from portfolio items
- Improved display of item attributes on commercial project
For synchronization of attributes the BAdi INM_EX_PPM_CPM_ATTR_SYNC_BADI is introduced to extend the customizing based mapping logic between PPM and CPM attributes.
View overview video for Integration between CPM and PPM.
- Integration PPM with Cloud Collaboration Services:
With SAP S/4HANA 2021 the integration of projects in Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) and Enterprise Product Development (EPD) allows you to link a project and a product collaboration via an object link. Once created, the collaboration from EPD can be linked to any project structure element. A project can be used to manage tasks and release phases, while the collaboration can be used to share documents, and work together on work items and design models.
Besides these enhancements, delivered for the recent SAP S/4HANA releases, EPPM also continues to deliver continuous improvements for customers via the customer connection program. The Customer Connection cycle for 2021 is about to be finalized. Some of the delivered improvement requests contain long requested requirements, such as:
- Hiding of the summary line for financial and capacity planning in Portfolio Management (SAP Notes 3024752 and 3015381 )
- Moving of buckets in the portfolio hierarchy (SAP Note 3052007)
- Enablement Investment management fields update for WBS elements and Forecast date fields for Project definition (SAP Note 3062610)
The Customer Connection cycle for 2022 has recently started and is currently in the Collect phase. Until January 22nd 2022 Business Suite and S/4HANA customers can add new improvement requests and vote for existing requests.