R2R Series Blog #14: Run Centralized Payment Operations on SAP S/4HANA Finance: A Platform Built for the Future
Authors: Haresh Chhaya, Treasury and Working Capital Solutions Leader at SAP America Inc.
This is Blog #14 in our Record to Report Blog Series. You can find the complete series outlined HERE.
Seamless Payments of the Future
Finance leaders are constantly challenged in running enterprise-wide payment processes. They need to increase overall transparency, reduce the risk of fraud, and increase operational efficiency. Multiple payment channels, inconsistent standards, and lack of integrated processes continue to drag treasury operations down with unnecessary burdens. What if the treasurers had a solution to consolidate payments from various sources, got end-to-end visibility of every payment, and could manage the overall process by exception? SAP has delivered a significant number of innovations in its SAP S/4HANA solutions for payments and bank communications which can streamline your cash operations and provide a single platform. These innovations can:
- Consolidate payments from all sources within your company through a single channel
- Deliver benefits from tight integration into Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables as well as other financial processes
- Run automated processing of payments with rules-based message formatting, workflow, routing, and exception management
- Integrate with other treasury processes such as bank account management, cash position, cash flow forecasting, and in-house banking
- Detect fraud activities through duplicate checks as well as by referencing against a centrally managed sanctioned-party list
- Track all payments through audit trail and drill-downs including user-friendly graphical flow representation
- Transmit payment messages to your banks and monitor statuses which can also include SWIFT GPI
- Scale your business operations without significant investment into new payment technology resources
- Increase matching rate of incoming bank statements with AI technology
- Reduce replication of bank master data and processes in multiple systems
- Support embedded bank connectivity services to connect to your bank, payment service providers, and the SWIFT Network
- Prepare your enterprise for advancements in API-based corporate to bank communications
The future of corporate payments will be based on seamlessly integrated functions. A patchwork of systems to manage payments may sound like a quick fix but it is shortsighted.
Centralized straight-through processing of payments in an integrated finance ecosystem is a critical component of “lights out” finance of the future. As companies are transforming their financial operations through digitalization, they should also consider unlocking the potential of new innovations delivered on SAP S/4HANA. Only SAP Payments and Bank Connectivity solutions can deliver the most value from your SAP S/4HANA investments.
Read about how to improve Return on Investment (ROI) on your Finance Transformation initiatives with Central Payments and Treasury – https://www.sap.com/documents/2021/05/deb2aa7e-e57d-0010-bca6-c68f7e60039b.html
Check out how SAP supports Corporate-to-Bank Relationship with a secure business network at: https://www.sap.com/products/multi-bank-connectivity.html
You can find more information on a complete set of Treasury capabilities offered by SAP at: https://www.sap.com/products/erp-financial-management/treasury-management.html
And please check out the rest of our series:
R2R Series Blog #1: Record to Report Blog Series Kick Off | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #2: How to increase process efficiency in the financial close leveraging SAP’s Modern Finance and Risk Platform | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #3: Why did the accountant cross the road? | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #4: Ignite Your Growth of Bottom Line with SAP S/4HANA GR/IR | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #5: Hard Close, Fast Close, Soft Close and Continuous Accounting | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #6: Build vs Buy – 3rd Party Data Integration for SAP Central Finance | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #7: Market Overview – SAP Contract and Lease Management | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #8: Make your SAP S/4HANA for Central Finance implementation a success | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #9 Automated Revenue Management | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #10: Why You Need SAP Account Substantiation & Automation by BlackLine if you’re running SAP S/4HANA | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #11: How SAP Account Substantiation and Automation by BlackLine Complements SAP Treasury Management | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #12: Improving Compliance & Controls with SAP GRC & SAP Account Substantiation and Automation by BlackLine | SAP Blogs
R2R Series Blog #13: Modern Entity Closing using SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Advanced Financial Closing as a Cloud-based Hub | SAP Blogs
(Please note, this blog was reposted with permission from Haresh: Run Centralized Payment Operations on SAP S/4HANA Finance: A Platform Built for the Future | SAP Blogs)
Copy Cat, most of the blogs are copied.