Manual Tester worklist version update SP13 – Comment and Miscellaneous
Manual Test Case Execution allows users to perform various operations, Refer to Blog for details here.
The Test Status Business Object is the link between Test Package and the Test case.
A Test Case is assigned to this Test Package, a Tester is assigned to this Test Case.
Following functionalities are considered main operations to be performed by the Tester.
- Updating the Execution Status and Add Comments.
- Updating Test Effort of Current Execution and Restrictions along with Miscellaneous details.
In SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP13 release multiple add on features and performance improving design update was implemented in Tester worklist.
- In the Current Update, COMMENT and Miscellaneous fields of BO SMT_TEST_STATUS will not be stored BO Root anymore, as they led to performance issues on large data.
- From SP13, The Comment and Miscellaneous will be accessed as a separate node.
- New individual transient nodes are used as buffer and Application interface,
- Persistence nodes are used to store data in Chunks of SSTRING.
Updated Design of Comment and Miscellaneous fields.
When the user updates the Comment or Miscellaneous fields on UI, The data is passed to as a String field. It is then split into multiple chunks of 254 characters and saved in the database.
To display the data, The Chunks are concatenated from the database based on sequence and sent to the transient node where UI can access data.
Migration to new fields should be done in the initial SolMan set up using Tcode SOLMAN_SETUP.
Image source: SAP Solution Manager Configuration: Test Suite – Test Suite Preparation.
In Automatic Activities-> Select ‘Migrate Test Status Comment and Miscellaneous’ and Click on Execute Selected.
This Runs Tcode SMT_MIGRATE_TSTA.
Once Execution is complete click on ‘Show All Logs’
The Status of Migration is displayed.
After Migration, the Comment and Miscellaneous data are moved to New nodes, and existing Data in the Root node for these fields are deleted.
SAP updated the logic to store Comment and Miscellaneous Data for better performance in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP13.
Users upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP13 should move the existing entries of Comment and Miscellaneous from Root node to new tables SMT_D_TSTA_COMNT and SMT_D_TSTA_LIMIT from initial Migration setup using SOLMAN_SETUP or Tcode SMT_MIGRATE_TSTA.