News from SAP Activate SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and pre-configuration content in SAP Best Practices Explorer (BPX). This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, methodology guidance and the SAP Cloud ALM capabilities that our customers can leverage in their SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- SAP Activate Community and Q3 Blogs
- New and updated ready-to-run business processes in Best Practices Explorer (BPX)
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New features in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
- SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – New features with 2111 release
SAP Activate Community | SAP Activate Blogs | Q3
Join the SAP Activate community that provides you with relevant content, a platform engage with us through asking questions and answering questions asked by others, and being part of an active community that engages our partners, clients, and internal SAP colleagues. We are looking forward to your posts and questions.
We invite you to follow the #SAP Activate tag on SAP Community, where you can find the following blog post as well as other posts SAP Activate experts shared with the community. Bob’s blog here explains how to follow the tag to stay on top of all the SAP Activate news.
- 顺利运营在S/4HANA 云里 by Ying Huang
- How to operate with a lean IT organization in S/4HANA Cloud by Ying Huang
- The Cloud Mindset Assessment by Bob Byrne
- Busting Myths of SAP Activate Part 2 by Jan Musil
- Busting Myths of SAP Activate Part 3 by Jan Musil
- Integration in SAP Activate Methodology by Jitendra Bhandari
- Roadmap Viewer New Changes by Jitendra Bhandari
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool – FAQ Blog Series by Kelsey Lapczynski
- New Customer COE Tag in SAP Activate for S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition by Ying Huang
- Content Updates: SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition by Adnette Kamugisha
- SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud by Dan Ciecko
- SAP Activate and Fit-to-Standard – How Did We Get Here? by Dan Ciecko
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find SAP S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 Delivery
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud
SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud
SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain
|Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA|
|SAP Best Practices for Payroll Control Center|
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology SAP S/4HANA Cloud in 2111
The SAP Activate content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for 2111 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The content is available via the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer and SAP Cloud ALM.
The key highlights are:
- Added the task, Evaluate and Activate Continuous Feature Delivered, to provide guidance related to the new Continuous Feature Delivery feature. This task includes guidance for both identification of the changes and how to implement features requiring activation.
- Added the task Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process to the Customer Team Self-Enablement deliverable. This task will guide the customer through learning on the Fit-to-standard process and includes a link to a simulation of the process featuring SAP implementation experts.
- Added the Professional Services tag to deliverables, tasks and accelerators to provide focus on implementation projects with professional services as the scope.
- Updated the SAP Central Business Configuration related phase references from the SAP Activate phase names to phase names more appropriate to the execution of scoping and configuration.
- Updated the translations for Chinese and Japanese. The display language can be changed in the Language Setting menu.
- Added a Microsoft Mural template focused execution of the Fit-to-standard process to task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops. This templatecan be used in both remote and in-person Fit-to-standard workshops to document results.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The SAP Activate Methodology content for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition has been enhanced for 2111 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey.
The key highlights are:
- New *RISE with SAP* content on Business Process Intelligence (BPI). BPI is one of the component of the RISE with SAP and documentation and activities related to SAP Business Process Insight and SAP Signavio is now available in the Roadmap.
- New User Experience adoption content in the Roadmap Viewer to help with UX adoption. The roadmap introduces the UX Value goals along the implementation phases, which is a new innovative way to discuss and select User Experience based on desired business outcomes.
- Improved the guidance in the Fit-to-Standard workshops to highlight the need for SAP Fiori apps to be evaluated during fit-to-standard workshops.
- Addition and improvements to the Design and Configuration , Technical Architecture and Infrastructure to include the information on User Experience. Examples new tasks Run the Establish the Business Value of User Experience Workshop, Run the User Experience Strategy and Guiding Principle Workshop and updated tasks Self-Enable on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA.
- Improved the guidance in the Analytics workstream in deliverable Analytics and Planning and Design and new task Configure initial setting for analytics.
- Improved the guidance in task Detail design of Key User Extensibility and Collect details for Extensions.
- Updates to the Roadmap Graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- Various improvement based on the feedback we continue to gather from our internal stakeholders, partners and customers.
New Functionality Available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
New functionality is available in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer including the following features:
- A new tab is added in the Explore all Roadmap icon as ‘Upgrade Methodology.’ This tab will show all the methodology roadmaps related to upgrade projects.
- In the “Content” tab of a roadmap, a new filter named as ‘Product’ is added in the left panel. This will help the users to filter a methodology roadmap by any product and allow them to view all the items pertaining to that specific product.
- A new section named as ‘Attributes’ is added in before the “Accelerator(s)‘ section in Task contents which will show all the Products and System this task belongs to. This section will show the list of Products where this methodology task is used.
SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool 2111 Release
Simplifying maintenance efforts and providing customers more insights into the PUT process have been the main drivers for this release. Below are some of the highlights
- Analyze Automated Test Results(AATR) app now along with the “Failure Reason” field will show recommendations on how to resolve the errors. Initially this will be available for a few select areas, with the scope being gradually increased.
- Test Data Container (TDC) integration with the Test Automation tool has been further strengthened with:
- Hyperlinks to Test Process and Test Plans in the Where-used list
- TDC Binding sources information can now be accessed
- Option to Unbind TDC which are not in use
- Download/Upload option for TDC
- An option to re-trigger Post Upgrade Test (PUT) execution has been added. Progress indicators now provide a better visualization on the status of PUT execution
- API Framework now supports testing of the attachment feature within the S/4HANA Cloud application
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
As always, I encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA” and follow the SAP Activate tag on SAP Community. The podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Help Portal Product Page here