Solution Profile Copy
Most partners have dedicated industry knowledge and offer this knowledge to their customers. To do so, they often create an industry-specific Business ByDesign tenants and us this as an implementation template. As of today, to apply this template, all scoping and fine-tuning settings needed to be done manually for every customer.
With the 22.02 release a new copy feature is available for SAP Business ByDesign that enables partners to copy their solution profile to a selected customer tenant within minutes.
The following capabilities are covered
The scoping features will reduce the implementation time and effort and as well as risk of implementation errors for partners.
- In the Service Control Center the partner can select their tenant and copy the solution profile incl. all scoping and fine tuning settings to the selected customer system.
- The solution profile will overwrite the customer’s current solution profile
- Copy functionality can be switch on in business configuration.
From a customer’s perspective
Customers will benefit from a reduced implementation time and by that implementation costs. In addition, the implementation quality will increase and the time until they can use the system productively will be reduced.
To ensure that the customer is aware of and agrees to the solution profile copying, the customer needs to permit the solution profile import. By this, it is ensured that the partner does not accidentally copies the solution profile to the customer system.
To ensure that the solution profile copy works as designed, there are some prerequisites that must be fulfilled.
- The project in the partner as well as the customer system must have the status “First Implementation” and cannot be in status “Live” or “Change Project”.
- The partners as well as the customer system must be on the same release and hotfix stand.
- The customer system must be a test system and the customer needs to permit the solution profile import.
- Add-ons are not in scope of the solution profile copy functionality at the moment.
To be able use the Solution Profile Copy functionality you need to enable the common task that allows the customer to grant an import permission and you need to enable the copying of a solution profile.
To do so, you enter the business configuration, open the first implementation project, and go to the Questions step.
In the business option Service Control Center, you find the business question to enable the copying of a solution profile. Just flag the In Scope checkbox.
In the business option Business Setup, you find the business question to grant an import permission and again you only need to flag the In Scope checkbox.
When this is done, do not forget to finish the process and save your changes.
Some activities in the Activity List cannot be copied automatically to this system as they create other data than fine-tuning data. This is often the case for activities which are shown as to be repeated in the Repetition Required column.
Click the video below to watch a short demo of the solution profile copy function.