Introduction to SAP Business Network for Supply Chain (Namely SCC)
What Is a Supply Chain?
A supply chain is a network between a company and its suppliers to produce and distribute a specific product to the final buyer. This network includes different activities, people, entities, information, and resources. The supply chain also represents the steps it takes to get the product or service from its original state to the customer
Companies develop supply chains so they can reduce their costs and remain competitive in the business landscape.
Supply chain management is a crucial process because an optimized supply chain results in lower costs and a faster production cycle.
Why company need SAP Business Network for Supply Chain (SCC)?
In today’s global, nonlinear, and distributed economy, the power to transform your supply chain from a disconnected to a collaborative, digitally connected supply network can give you the power to sense and respond to demand changes quickly.
You gain greater flexibility and visibility to reduce inventory buffers while increasing service levels and on-time shipments. This transformation requires innovative, cloud-based tools that enable you to:
- Integrate your suppliers’ operations into your supply chain planning and execution in real time, regardless of geographic location or systems used
- Work collaboratively with contract manufacturers and multitiered suppliers
- Identify and respond to unplanned supply chain events quickly, before they impact your customer
SAP Business Network for Supply Chain formerly known as Ariba SCC is part of SAP Business Network, SAP Business Network is a dynamic, digital marketplace where millions of buyers and suppliers, operating in more than 190 countries, transact trillions of dollars in business commerce every year.
SAP Business Network for Supply Chain enable customer integrating direct material suppliers into your company’s planning and execution systems has traditionally been a patchwork of point-to-point EDI, e-mail, and faxes. Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration offering cover direct material procurement, planning, Inventory and Quality Collaboration, please refer to SCC offering section for detail.
One of the Common SCC use-case is the extension of supply chain information and capabilities to all trading partners in a supply network, Often accomplished through real-time collaborative digital exchange of planning/forecasting, purchasing, inventory fulfillment and payment transactions between buyers and suppliers in order to improve traceability and end-to-end visibility of supply chain operations.
With this tool, our customer could automatically transmit and receive information via portals or System-to-System integration (specifically, B2B) instead of using human intervention to perform routine and repetitive tasks. The information received (E.g., Advanced Shipment notice, Invoice etc) will be automatically processed into SAP ERP business transactions or actionable insights to minimise/prevent supply chain disruption.
A goal properly set is halfway reached. Without a sensible vision, a transformation effort can easily dissolve into a list of confusing and incompatible projects that can take the organization in the wrong direction or nowhere at all.
SCC Offering and Capabilities
Collaborate over SAP Business Network to reduce inventory levels, increase fill rates, and increase team productivity.
Achieve complete supply chain visibility with SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration. Integrated with your ERP and supply chain optimization systems, this collaboration platform equips you to work safely and easily with multiple tiers of contract manufacturers and suppliers across key supply chain planning and execution processes.
- Share production forecasts, orders, quality, and inventory information with suppliers and obtain their responses in real time.
- Anticipate and resolve supply assurance problems quickly with collaboration dashboards that alert you to supply and demand mismatches.
- Onboard all your suppliers using our on-demand tools, multiple integration options, and supplier enablement teams with decades of onboarding expertise.
For complete and latest product information, please vist SAP help page:
Additional information on Ariba SCC Product, please visit the website below:
High Level System Architecture
SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway, enabled by SAP Cloud Platform Integration, gives you a fast, simple way to connect your SAP Ariba solutions, back-end systems, and trading partners with 3 design principals:
- Save cost – Simple, Self-service and Speed allows you to integrate in matter of mins and days.
- Enable fast – Faster implementation to help drive efficiency across the business process and organization.
- One SAP – Unified Integration experience across SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Ariba cloud solutions
Sample Process Flows
In case you wish to learned more about the SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration, you could referred to the training course available in https://learninghub.sap.com/ below:
SAP Business Network for Supply Chain
For latest SCC Training, please visit SAP Learning Hub.
Learning Journey: SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration
Training Course ID:
- SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP Business Network for Supply Chain (C_ARSCC_2302)
SAP Business Network for Supply Chain Certification
For latest SCC certification, please visit the following website:
SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration