SAP Document Compliance solution for Greek myDATA e-books, Part 3 – eDocument Types and related processes and customizations
Mikhail Smirnov – CSL Behring, Pradyumna Kumar Mishra – SAP SE
The previous part of this blog post series explained logic and rules how to customize myDATA Invoice Types and SAP eDocument Types in SAP Document Compliance solution for Greek Electronic Books (e-books). This part will tell you about all existing eDocument Types with clarifications when and how they are used.
SAP eDocument Types
eDocument Type (EDOC_TYPE) is the main technical parameter defined by SAP in Greece e-books customization. It is used for creation of eDocs with different XML structures. It also defines under which folder (Process) eDoc is created in eDocument Cockpit EDOC_COCKPIT and enables correct eDoc treatment in different processes.
Main customization for eDocument Types is SM30 view T003EDOCV, where you assign Source FI Document Type to eDocument Type:
Image 1 from CSL Behring Internal system.
This customization works as an activation of automatic eDoc creation during posting of assigned here FI Document. Otherwise, eDocuments can’t be created. Every Source FI Document Type can be assigned in this table only one time to one eDocument Type. Source documents are posted in different SAP modules (FI, MM, SD), but in this customization you assign only related FI document type. You can check the previous part of this blog post series for exceptional cases.
eDocument Types are determined at-first by your customization in this view, but then they can be substituted by the standard system logic. SAP has realized flexible and complex logic for eDocument Type determination, where directly assigned by you eDocument Types can be changed by SAP depending on other customizations (mapped Invoice Type, activation/deactivation of the Invoice Type for eDocument Type determination, Business Partner master record). This logic is soundly explained in PDF attachment in SAP Greece e-book master note 2930400 – SAP Document Compliance Greece: Tax Register Books (e-Books) in relation to different processes.
Actually, not all eDocument Types need assignment to Accounting FI Document Type in T003EDOCV view, because some of them are created not by source FI, MM or SD documents, but by other processes and programs (like Payroll 17.1 or Classification List eDoc for domestic purchase). That´s why this article is written, and here is given the whole list of eDocument types for Greece and related processes and customizations:
- GR_EXPENSE – Greece eBooks ExClassification: SAP uses it while creating the Classification List for your Inbound domestic purchase eDocs matched with respective vendor´s eDocs downloaded from myDATA portal. Classification Lists are created using report EDOC_GR_SUMMARY_REPORT and can be found later in the Cockpit folder “Greece eBooks Classification”. No need to maintain in T003EDOCV.
- GR_INCOME – Greece eBooks InClassification: Not used by SAP yet. No need to maintain in T003EDOCV.
- GR_INV – Greece eBooks: Maintain FI Accounting Document Types in T003EDOCV with this value which will allow eDoc creation for sales SD and FI invoices and debit memos. These eDocuments are present in Cockpit in Folder “Greece eBooks”.
- GR_INV_CR – Greece Credit Note: Maintain FI Accounting Docs in T003EDOCV with this value which will allow EDOC creation for sales SD and FI credit notes. These eDocuments are present in Cockpit in Folder “Greece eBooks”.
- GR_INV_IN – Greece Incoming eBooks: eDoc type for vendor invoices or debit/credit memos posted in our SAP system in FI/MM. These eDocs are present in Cockpit in the Folder “Greece Incoming eBooks”. In all cases except domestic purchases this eDoc Type is substituted by other types (import or retail purchase, non-liable, self-billing). Conditions of these substitutions are explained in descriptions of related eDoc Types. In case of domestic purchase exactly this eDoc Type is assigned and matching with myDATA eDocs is needed. Maintain FI Accounting Docs in T003EDOCV with this value.
- GR_INV_MD – Greece myDATA eBooks: It is used for eDoc downloaded from myDATA into our SAP system. They present invoices issued by domestic vendors to our company and submitted to myDATA portal by these vendors. These eDocs are saved in the Cockpit folder “Greece myDATA eBooks” and used for matching with eDocs generated during our postings of domestic purchase invoice in our SAP system and kept in the folder “Greece Incoming eBooks”. SAP generates these eDocs automatically during execution of report for myDATA eDocs download EDOC_MESSAGE_HANDLING. So, no need to maintain it in T003EDOCV.
- GR_MD_SUM – Greece myDATA eBooks Summary: SAP creates also one myDATA Vendor Summary List together with the single myDATA eDocs GR_INV_MD creation. Both Types of eDocs are generated during download report EDOC_MESSAGE_HANDLING execution. You see the Vendor XML Summary List under the folder “Greece myDATA eBooks List” in the Cockpit EDOC_COCKPIT. No need to maintain it in T003EDOCV.
- GR_INV_SUM – Greece eBooks Summary: SAP uses it while creating the Summary List of your Outbound (sales) eDocs using report EDOC_GR_SUMMARY_REPORT. No need to maintain it in T003EDOCV.
- GR_INVI_IM – Greece Incoming eBooks Import: Maintain FI Accounting Docs in T003EDOCV with this value which will allow eDoc creation for Foreign Vendors. If you don’t have unique accounting Document Type for purchases from Foreign Vendors, then use eDoc Type GR_INV_IN. Then SAP will change it to GR_INVI_IM automatically during eDocment creation when Vendor Country is not Greece.
- GR_INVI_NL – Greece Inc. eBooks(Non-Liable): Is used for domestic vendors non-liable for e-books. For example, some domestic vendors like utilities, banks, government Insurance company, natural persons etc. are not obliged to submit their invoices to myDATA platform. Nevertheless, we are still obliged to submit them. Special eDoc type allows to separate this inbound process from other purchases.
This eDoc Type is applied automatically for domestic vendor eDocs, if this vendor has Natural Person flag in its’ master record or Invoice Type is defined as 3.1, 3.2, 14.5, 14.30, 14.31, 15.1 or 16.1. Then SAP assigns GR_INVI_NL automatically. No need to maintain it in T003EDOCV. You can check previous part of this blog for Invoice Type determination logic. Here is an example of activated Natural Person flag in Business Partner master record:
Image 2 from CSL Behring Internal system.
SAP allows to deactivate automatic assignment of eDoc Type GR_INVI_NL based on Invoice Type if you activate the “eDoc. Type Not Relevant” checkbox in the Maintain Invoice Types and Descriptions Customizing activity (SM30 view EDOGRINVTYPE) for Invoice Types mentioned above:
Image 3 from CSL Behring Internal system.
- GR_INVI_RE – Greece Incoming eBooks Retail: It is used for example, when an employee buys something in a retail shop during business trip and you need to post it in the system as separate purchase from vendor. If Invoice Type in purchase eDoc is determined as 13.*, then automatically eDoc Type is changed to GR_INVI_RE. Hence, you can use usual eDoc Type GR_INV_IN – Greece Incoming eBooks for retail purchase in the customization T003EDOCV. However, if FI Document Type is used only for Retail eDoc creation, then you can assign it directly to GR_INVI_RE eDoc type.
The retail eDoc XML does not contain issuer details, hence you can post 13.* Invoice Type postings both with vendor and without vendor. Invoice Type mapping lines with domestic origin are needed in customization table EDOGRINVTYPEACC to determine eDoc type as Retail, when retail purchases are posted without Vendor:
Image 4 from CSL Behring Internal system.
SAP allows to deactivate automatic assignment of eDoc Type GR_INVI_RE based on Invoice Types if you activate the “eDoc. Type Not Relevant” checkbox in the Maintain Invoice Types and Descriptions Customizing activity (SM30 view EDOGRINVTYPE) for 13.* Invoice Types.
- GR_INVI_SB – Greece Inc. eBooks (Self-Bill): Self-billing process is applied, when vendor does not issue paper invoice and we issue it ourselves, then we also submit it to myDATA ourselves and no matching is required and possible. This eDoc Type is applied automatically by SAP to inbound eDocs, when you post purchase invoices in transactions FB60 or MIRO and the Invoice Type is defined as the salles one (1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 2.1, 2.4, 5.1, 5.2). Hence, no need to maintain in T003EDOCV.
SAP allows to deactivate automatic assignment of eDoc Type GR_INVI_SB based on Invoice Type if you activate the “eDoc. Type Not Relevant” checkbox in the Maintain Invoice Types and Descriptions Customizing activity (SM30 view EDOGRINVTYPE) for Invoice Types mentioned above.
- GR_INVI_SU – Greece Incoming eBooks Summary: SAP use this eDoc Type to create Expense list Summary for your Incoming vendor eDocs except domestic purchases. Domestic purchases are not allowed in the summary list, because they are matched and included in the Classification List. The summary list with this eDoc type is created using report EDOC_GR_SUMMARY_REPORT. No need to maintain in T003EDOCV.
- GR_PAYROLL – Greece Payroll Rec; GR_DEPR – Greece Depreciation Rec; GR_INC_STL – Greece Income Settlement Rec; GR_EXP_STL – Greece Expense Settlement Rec: These eDoc Types are used for creation of eDocs with 17.* Invoice Types (Payroll, Depreciation, etc.). eDoc creation for 17.* Invoice Types doesn’t check T003EDOCV. You use customization view LOC_GR_CUSTACC and report EDOC_GR_FI_CATEGORY_C to create these eDocs on the monthly basis in the folder “Greece eBooks (Entity Records)” in the Cockpit. Hence, no need to maintain in T003EDOCV.
When eDoc is created, you can check assigned eDocument Type in the Cockpit EDOC_COCKPIT. Select eDocument and press Goto, then choose History:
Image 5 from CSL Behring Internal system.
Our blog post series dedicated to the SAP Document Compliance solution for Greece myDATA e-books comes to an end with this third part being published. The series began with the general overview and now focuses on the complex technical objects like eDocument Types in this part. We believe it will be helpful for other companies finalizing the full e-books solution by the beginning of 2022 and for consultants supporting it later. Don’t hesitate to comment and share your experience and thoughts on this topic.