User Experience Insights
Preparation for incident due to Process Management API
Currently more and more customers are using Process Management API to integrate with third party tools. However Process Management API is originally designed only for ARIS of Software AG. Thus a few incidents are raised by customer due to the functionality limitation. This article helps the customer to make a better preparation so that the developer can easily start to support.
1) Run /n/iwfnd/gw_client and prepare your Request URI (how to find the URI can be found in next chapter).
For other APIs select “GET”.
2) Execute the the request to check if the request can be processed.
3) If no error, then the network config of your system has problem, so that the command can not be passed to Solution Manager. In this case, check the gateway configuration or firewall. If you need further support , send ticket to component OPU-BSE-SDE.
4) If you can get an error response or an unexpected payload, save the request as a Test Case.
4) Provide a user which has the authorization to run gateway client and access to Solution Documentation. Tell the Test Group and Test Case so that the developer can reproduce the issue.
5) Send incident to component SV-SMG-IMP-BIM
- The easiest way is to asking the provider of third party tool directly. Usually they will provide it.
- If you implement application by yourself, then use /n/IWFND/TRACES to activate the trace. Run your application and all the request will be listed in “Payload Trace”.
3. Use /n/IWFND/ERROR_LOG to open error log.
This post tells how to get URI, simulate and save the request. After the preparation the developer support can easily start to analyze the real technical problem.
As developer we only provide these APIs and how they are used is totally depend on the application. Since we do not understand the logic, the log file from the call-application will not help to fix the issue.