SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Foundational SAP Notes for SAP S/4HANA 2021
This blog post lists the main SAP Fiori notes for SAP S/4HANA 2021.
This collection is provided as an aid to those customers installing or upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2021 Cloud, private edition or SAP S/4HANA 2021 On-Premise.
Information is current for the initial shipment stack of SAP S/4HANA 2021.
Key release facts for SAP S/4HANA 2021 Initial Shipment Stack
|SAP FES FOR SAP S/4HANA||2021|
|SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA||2021|
1.90 (for FES 2021 SP00)
1.96 is the long term maintenance version released with FES 2021 SP01
Customers on FES 2021 SP00 are recommended to patch up.
- As usual with the Initial Shipment Stack, the initial SAPUI5 version is *not* the long term maintenance (LTM) version for SAP S/4HANA 2021. You should plan to upgrade your FES to the long-term maintenance release (e.g. by upgrading to SP01) when it is released in (expected Q1 2022). Refer to 3005190 – Maintenance for SAPUI5 Innovation Version in “User Interface Technology” (SAP_UI)
- Internet Explorer 11 and MS Legacy Edge Support removed for SAP S/4HANA 2021
- Use MS Edge or another supported browser
- Refer to 3083879 – User Experience Improvements in S/4HANA Cloud 2108 – UI Classic
- Design Studio apps are deprecated and are superseded by the equivalent Web Dynpro Grid applications for multidimensional drill down reporting
Central SAP Notes for all releases of SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA 2021
Browser Support Details:
Spaces and Pages are available since SAP S/4HANA 2020. The journey continues with 2021:
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori Frontend Server 2021 for SAP S/4HANA
IMPORTANT: Once you have installed or upgraded to SAP S/4HANA 2021, you should immediately check and patch up your minor versions for all UI technologies. That is you should patch up your minor versions for:
- SAPUI5 version – for Fiori launchpad and SAP Fiori apps
- Kernel version – for SAP GUI for HTML and SAP GUI for Windows
- Unified Rendering version – for SAP GUI for HTML and ABAP Web Dynpro applications
Patching for SAPUI5
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Note 3059301 – ABAP SAPUI5 1.90 release and scrolling down to the manual activities to find the most recent UI5 version and associated zip file to download from the SAP Support Portal.
You can find a short FAQ list on the patching process in SAP Note 2346367 – How to upgrade the SAPUI5 library in ABAP
The changes implemented by the patch are described in the ui5 change log – go to https://ui5.sap.com/#/releasenotes.html and select release 1.90
Patching for Kernel
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Note 2083594 – SAP Kernel Versions and SAP Kernel Patch Levels. This includes the link to the latest patch note in the format: SAP Kernel <major version> Patch Level <patch level number>
Patching for Unified Rendering
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Notes:
For Web Dynpro for ABAP – SAP Note 2090746 – WD ABAP: Unified Rendering Update with TCI – Instructions and Related SAP Notes
Check the Solution section for your SAP_UI component version and the associate UR version and its SAP Note.
For SAP GUI for HTML – SAP Note 2504011 – SAP GUI for HTML: Unified Rendering Update – Instructions and Forecasts
You can find more information in SAP Note 2500800 – Cumulative patches for Unified Rendering
Add-ons and software components with SAP Fiori apps or features
Notable changes in Catalogs, Groups, and Spaces
Additional Notes for Upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2021
For other user experience changes refer to:
- What’s new viewer for ABAP Platform
- Blog post SAP Fiori 3: What’s new with SAP S/4HANA 2021 (on-premise)
Updating Rapid Activation and other tools
For Rapid activation:
For Migrate Your Data:
For SAP GUI for HTML (WebGUI):
For SAP Screen Personas:
Becoming a SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You can find more announcements about the latest SAP Fiori features in SAP S/4HANA 2021 in SAP Fiori 3: What’s new with SAP S/4HANA 2021 (on-premise)
You can also find out more about SAP User Experience and Design in 3 Tips to Stay Informed About User Experience & Design Topics at SAP
You’ll find much more on the community topic page for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Other helpful links in the SAP Community:
- Follow our tag SAP S/4HANA RIG for more from the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG
- See all questions and answers about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
- Follow SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA for more blogs and updates
- Ask a Question about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG.