Enterprise Search – New Features available in 2108 Cloud Edition
In 2108 Cloud Edition , the Key Users can make further changes to SAP delivered Search Models.
- How does the customer make changes to SAP delivered Search Models?
The Customer can use the ‘Manage Search Models’ App to make changes to SAP delivered Search Models.
- How can the user access the App?
The customer will need to have be assigned the business Catalog ‘SAP_CORE_BC_EXT_ESH’ – to access the app.
- What are the changes that can be performed on the Search Models?
The customer can make the given changes.
- Add a Custom field to an SAP delivered Search Model.
- Marking this custom field as a search attribute.
- This custom search attribute can then be a made a response , request , facet type.
- This custom attribute can then behave like an SAP delivered Search attribute.
What are the Search models enabled for extensions ?
Refer to the OSS Note 3073768. This note contains all CDS based Search models that can be extended.
In addition , these feature are already available.
- Change the response Positions of the fields.
- Change the Facet Position of the fields.
- Changing the Search Priority of the Fields.
- Marking an attribute as a Facet.
- Enabling or Disabling a Search Connector.
- How are the changes transported?
The changes are transported using the standard software export (from Q system) and Software Import(into P system).
The changes will be made in the Q client using the ‘Manage Search models’ , and are then imported into the Production system.
In case of issues , please raise a customer ticket on CA-GTF-HSB