Machine Translation Service for Solution Documentation
Business expert wants to utilize the Machine Translation Service when editing the structure element names in a second language. His expectation is that he may trigger an automatic translation for the description of a structure element when it is missing for the current language.
The context menu is now extended with an additional menu “Translate”.
The Service call shall be implemented in a BAdI implementation so that the customer could choose another translation service, or you could make use of the existing BAdi implementation which uses the SAP Translation Hub service. This document explains how to use SAP Translation Hub Service.
Steps need to be followed:
- Get the SAP Translation Hub license
- Enable the SAP Translation Hub Service
- Creating an HTTP connection to get a Token
- Configuration in Solution manager system
Step 1: Get the SAP Translation Hub license
Several commercial models are available for customers to follow Commercialization and licensing.
However, we would like to recommend the subscription model: You can order STH through the SAP Store.
Step 2: Initial Setup to enable the SAP Translation Hub Service
To be able to use the service, you enable it in the service catalog in the SAP Business Technology Platform cockpit as explained in the Initial Setup. You only need to follow the second and third steps and the rest is not needed in this use case. In the second step, you will need to create an account for the Neo environment because the required SAP Translation Hub service is only available there.
Step 3: Creating an HTTP connection
3.1. Start with Building the Base URL of SAP Translation Hub
E.g. – the base URL will look like this “https://saps1cbb8a9f-nchxp8kafw.eu3.hana.ondemand.com/translationhub/API “
3.2. Add /v1/translate to the base URL
E.g. – the base URL now looks like this “https://saps1cbb8a9f-nchxp8kafw.eu3.hana.ondemand.com/translationhub/API /v1/translate”
3.4 Once you download the certificate, run the TA: STRUST in the Solution Manager system and import the downloaded certificate as SSL Client (Standard) certificate in Edit mode and save the changes.
- Now you need to restart ICM via TA: SMICM as shown below
- Once it is restarted, clear the log. So that the next HTTP log will be clear for us to read.
3.5 Now create an HTTP connection to the external server via SM59 using the three values like target host, user, and pwd.
- Under the Technical Settings tab,
- Enter Target Host – Remove the strings ‘HTTPS://’ and ‘/translationhub/API’ from the base URL that you get from step 3.1. E.g., “saps1cbb8a9f-nchxp8kafw.eu3.hana.ondemand.com”
- Service No(port) as 443
- Path Prefix as ‘/translationhub/api/v1/translate’.
- Under Logon & Security tab, select Basic authentication and enter the user and pwd.
- Under Security Options, use Default SSL client(standard) as SSL certificate.
- Now do the connection test and if you get the status of HTTP Response is 405, it is correct.
Step 4: Configuration in Solution Manager system
- Add an entry in the table smud_uic_cust as below via SE16.
smud_key - smud_value
MT_TRANSL_HUB - Name of the HTTP destination that was created in SM59
- In Solution Administration, under the Properties tab, add Content Languages to use Translate functionality.
- In Solution Documentation, activate the Translation Mode via settings to see descriptions of structural elements that are not translated in RED color.
Now you will be able to configure the Machine Translation Service for Solution Documentation. See the use of translation service in Solution Documentation under Multi Language Handling.