SAP Readiness Check – How to Update Your Implementation of SAP Readiness Check to Support SAP S/4HANA 2021
On October 13, SAP released to customers the latest version of SAP S/4HANA. SAP Readiness Check supports SAP S/4HANA 2021 as a target product version inherently starting the day the new product version was released to customers. However, if SAP Readiness Check data collectors were initially implemented before the official release date, you may need to update your local replica of the simplification item catalog.
To determine if any action is required, go to transaction SA38 in the system to be analyzed and execute report RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA. If the latest SAP S/4HANA release is not yet visible in the SAP Readiness Check Target SAP S/4HANA Version list, the local replica of the simplification item catalog needs to be updated.
Perform the following steps:
- Execute the report /SDF/RC_START_CHECK in the source system via transaction SA38.
Click the button “Update Catalog with latest version from SAP”.
As a result, the local replica of the simplification item catalog will be updated and the Target SAP S/4HANA Version list will now include the latest generally available SAP S/4HANA product version.
If the SAP-SUPPORT_PORTAL destination does not work, you can update the simplification item catalog content manually:
- Open the simplification item catalog content from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/sic/overview with an S-user
- Click the “Download Simplification Item” icon to download the content to your local computer.
- Execute the report /SDF/RC_START_CHECK.
- Click the “Upload Simplification Item Catalog from file” button and upload the content from your local storage.
- Now you can execute report RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA again. The new SAP S/4HANA product version will now be visible in the SAP Readiness Check target SAP S/4HANA version list. Proceed as described in SAP Note 2913617 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA to perform the data collection and create the new analysis.
Additional information, it is also recommended to follow the steps defined in SAP Note 2502552 (version 90 or higher) to update the check classes used by the simplification item check and the consistency check, when considering SAP S/4HANA 2021 as the target version. If you have previously implemented this note, pay special attention to steps 7 & 8 in the solution section of the note for guidance on updating the implementation.
SAP Readiness Check Team