SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0 is Live!
We’re delighted to announce the general availability of SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0. With this release, we are introducing new functionalities which will enable the pricing specialist to configure more complex pricing in the cockpit, especially with the help of new components as well as a brand-new testing capability for the pricing logic. We continue in parallel to improve the usability and the documentation of the cockpit, bringing the right knowledge at the right moment to our users.
This blog provides you with the latest highlights released with SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0, as part of the SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management (BRIM) suite.
What’s New in SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0:
ABILITY TO TEST RATE PLANS
With this new release, we now provide the ability to test the behavior of a pricing tree in a charge or a rate plan, whether it is in editing or display mode, directly in the web UI of SAP Convergent Charging. This new feature enables the pricing specialist to test and validate the functional correctness of the pricing logic that they configured in the pricing tree by checking that:
- The correct subbranch of the pricing tree is executed.
- The computed fee and property values are correct.
- There are no unexpected failures due to unknown or incorrect values (division by 0, missing input value).
- The generated notifications are correct.
Visually the feature is displayed as a new “Execution Test” panel on the right-hand side of the screen. This new panel enables the pricing specialist to configure various parameters of the test, such as:
- setting values for input properties, filtered by default to only show used properties
- executing the pricing tree based on the specified input and getting the execution context, output, and notifications (if any) using the precision and rounding settings of the SAP CC system
- opening the node in the pricing tree that triggered the output or notification
- searching for specific input or execution context properties
- loading and saving input properties for further re-use
- resetting the execution test
NEW OPTIONS FOR RECURRING CHARGES IN RATE PLANS
This new release also brings new possibilities of customisation for the recurring charges in rate plans. Now the pricing specialist can implement more complex pricing, with:
- New recurrences ranging from daily to monthly
- New attribute to define when the recurring charge is triggered (beginning or the end of the period)
NOTIFICATION MANAGEMENT IN RATE PLANS
It is now possible for the pricing specialist to handle notifications in the pricing tree of rate plan charge, directly from the web UI of SAP Convergent Charging.
To achieve this purpose, a new component has been implemented in the pricing tree to enable the triggering of notifications during the rating process.
Those notifications can, for example, allow to report information to the customer about the pricing and rating process.
WEB ASSISTANT IN COCKPIT
In order to provide to the users of the SAP CC Cockpit the right knowledge at the right moment, we introduced with this release the Web Assistant, a context-sensitive in-app help covering:
- General information about the SAP Convergent Charging launchpad and apps
- More detailed information about the concepts in the following apps:
- Manage Rate Plans
- Manage Mapping Tables
- Manage Range Tables
By bringing documentation at the closest to the applications, we aim to reduce the learning curves for users of the SAP CC Cockpit.
On top of the bigger features presented above, SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0 contains the following enhancements:
SUPPORT OF COLUMN STORE MODE IN SAP HANA
SAP Convergent Charging is now supporting the default store mode of SAP HANA database. With this, we decrease drastically the size of the database, reducing at the same time the cost of ownership of the system.
WEB SERVICE ENHANCEMENTS
A new option has been introduced in the chargingContractAllowanceFind operation to fetch a single allowance of a contract.
USER EXPERIENCE ENHANCEMENTS
Users can now utilise new keyboard shortcuts when editing their charged item classes and rate plans in the SAP CC Cockpit.
SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0 was released to customers on October 14th, 2021 and is available on the SAP Software Download Center
For more information on SAP Convergent Charging 2021 FPS0, check out the following links: