User Experience Insights
Efficient Management of External Workforce with central Master Data Integration Service in the Intelligent Enterprise Suite
External Workforce is a new SAP delivered cloud solution. It is delivered as part of the Intelligent Enterprise – Recruit-to-Retire (IE-R2R) scenario.
We are looking for customers who are interested to participate in the Hands-on-system experience of the Intelligent Enterprise Scenario – External Workforce within the SAP Integration Experience Feedback program (see details below). The R2R end-to-end scenario provides the solution to understand, manage and optimize all aspects of External Workers in line with business objectives and their clear financial impacts.
The External Workforce subprocesses enable a holistic approach to talent acquisition and redeployment. It supports all types of talent, including external contract workers.
Newly delivered SAP integration technologies are used to develop the business process. Master data integration uses Master Data Integration Service (MDI). SAP Task Center integration is used for approvals.
The Integration provides:
- The ability to create a job posting for an external worker in SAP Fieldglass from a vacant position in Employee Central from the Position Org Chart.
- The ability to create a work order and corresponding purchase requisition and purchase order in SAP S/4HANA. This ensures right approvals and budget checks are done before onboarding an external worker. Once onboarded, the external worker data is distributed automatically, and time/expense/SOW deliverables can be submitted for approval. Once approved, Service Entry Sheet (SES) are created in SAP S/4HANA automatically.
- Suppliers to submit invoices for payment or when self-billing (Evaluated Receipt Settlement-ERS) is enabled the suppliers are automatically paid when SES is approved with self-generated invoice. This eliminates non-value-added work, faster closure of transactions, centralized tax management and predictable cash-flow.
The key benefits of the solution
- Gain visibility into the value of your external workforce in terms of cost (how much is being spent and on what) and quality (how well is work being performed)
- Avoid security breaches and compliance violations with embedded controls around security (who is in what facilities) and compliance (are tax and labor regulations followed)
- Streamline processes to accomplish more by boosting efficiency (are processes running smoothly and have manual workarounds been eliminated) and ease of use (how intuitive is the user interface and is it in the correct language)
Customers/partners interested in participating in our offering can register at https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/2737 for the hands-on experience on External Workforce
What is the SAP Integration Experience Feedback program?
SAP Integration Experience Feedback provides the opportunity to experience the latest released intelligent enterprise scenarios and suite qualities on an integrated SAP internal landscape. Supported by SAP experts, you can determine the scope that is relevant for you and test the scenarios using SAP provided test cases based on generic data. Testing will run within an agreed upon timeline on your individual schedule.
- Get to know the benefits the intelligent enterprise offers for your business case
- Experience SAP software with a hands-on-approach on a pre-configured and integrated system landscape
Check out the complete list of current hands-on system experience offerings.
For any questions related to the External Workforce hands-on system experience offering or the SAP Integration Experience program in general, please feel free to contact us at: