SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows in 2022
One of the benefits of using SAP BTP ABAP Environment is that updates and upgrades are applied by SAP to the systems in quite a high frequency and close to the corresponding release time.
Find the latest known dates of Major Upgrade Windows and Weekly Maintenance Windows for 2022 in this blog.
Major Upgrade Windows
As in 2021, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment will have 4 Major Upgrade Windows in 2022. These 24 hours of potential system unavailability are used to upgrade the systems to the next major version.
The dates for the Major Upgrade Windows are harmonized between all SAP Cloud Products and scheduled for the following weekends:
- February 19th – 20th (Release 2202)
- May 21st – 22nd (Release 2205)
- August 20th – 21st (Release 2208)
- November 12th – 13th (Release 2211)
Depending on the data center region, the 24 hours downtime will start/end at:
- APJ: FRI 9 pm – SAT 9 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 4 am – SUN 4 am UTC
- Americas: SAT 10 am – SUN 10 am UTC
Weekly Maintenance Windows
Potentially every weekend, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment could use a downtime of 4 hours, to apply database updates, Hotfix Collections and other changes.
Depending on the data center region, the 4 hours downtime may start at:
- APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
- Americas: SUN 4 am UTC
The following dates for Release 2111 are planned as Weekly Maintenance Windows in 2022:
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2111
January 22nd – 23rd 2022
For release 2202 the following dates are currently (January 2022) scheduled as Weekly Maintenance Windows:
- Hotfix Collection 3 for Release 2202 (only for systems which belong to the preliminary upgrade)
February 19th – 20th 2022
- Hotfix Collection 4 for Release 2202
March 5th – 6th 2022
- Hotfix Collection 5 for Release 2202
March 19th – 20th 2022
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2202
April 2nd – 3rd 2022
Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS)
Please register to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS) to get important information about planned and unplanned downtimes:
- Access to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/csns
- More information about Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://support.sap.com/csns
- Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows for SAP Cloud Services
- SAP Note 2888562 – Intelligent Enterprise Suite: Harmonized release calendar for SAP Cloud products
- Service Level Agreement for SAP Cloud Services
We have taken all measures possible to make this post as accurate as possible, but things sometimes fall through the cracks. In case you find any errors or inconsistencies please let us know.
The above given dates and times might change without notice and/or reflection in this blog. For latest accurate dates and times, please check out the referenced, and non-referenced information available from SAP.