AMC for SAP ASE – How to install AMC on Windows
… and don’t forget to register yourself: SAP TechEd Registration
In this blog post we will see how to install AMC on Microsoft Windows operating system, explain the content in the installed AMC directory, and see how to setup AMC to run as a Window service.
AMC can be installed using the SAP ASE installer. Follow these steps:
- Run the SAP ASE installer
- Select the Custom option in the ‘Choose Install Set’ page
- Check the box which says Administration and Management Console
- Continue till you reach the page ‘Configure New SAP ASE’
- Check the box which says ‘Enable AMC’
- Optional: You can also change the value of AMC Server Port. The AMC application will run on this port.
- Complete the installation.
The installer also starts the AMC application. Once the installation is complete, you can access the AMC application in a web browser at http:\\host:port where host is the machine name or IP address and port is the value of AMC Server Port given in the installer.
Open the directory where SAP ASE is installed. The folder called AMC is the folder where files related to the AMC application are present.
The log directory contains the log files for the AMC application like AMC.log and log files created by the AMC service. The scripts directory contains bat files which are run by the AMC application. The log directory here contains log files of the scripts execution. The file AMC.jar contains UI and Java code for the AMC application. The file AMC.properties contains the configuration related properties which are used by AMC.jar. The files amcservice.exe, amcservice.xml, install.bat and uninstall.bat are related to AMC service.
- Stop the AMC application by running stop_AMC.bat
- Start the AMC application by running start_AMC.bat
All infos are also always available in the AMC User Guide in the SAP Help Portal.
The learning journey for AMC will continue next week. Stay tuned and stay safe!