How to Enable SAP Easy Access Menu for Fiori Launchpad Step-by-Step in SAP S/4HANA 2020
I am pleased to share with you the following whitepaper that explains in full details and step-by-step how to enable and configure SAP Easy Access menu for Fiori launchpad in SAP S/4HANA 2020. In this whitepaper you will find the following:
- CHAPTER 1 CONFIGURE TRUST RELATIONSHIP
- Assign authorization S_RFCACL to end user on backend system
- Create RFC connection from backend system to frontend system
- Define the frontend system as a trusted system on backend system
- CHAPTER 2 CONFIGURE RFC CONNECTIONS AND SYSTEM ALIAS
- Create RFC connection – ABAP connection
- Create RFC connection – HTTP(S) connection
- Create System Alias
- CHAPTER 3 ACTIVATE ODATA SERVICES
- CHAPTER 4 ENABLE SAP EASY ACCESS MENU
- Role-free option
- Role-based option
- CHAPTER 5 TEST SAP EASY ACCESS MENU ON FIORI LAUNCHPAD
The whitepaper can be found in the following WiKi: How to Enable SAP Easy Access Menu for Fiori Launchpad Step-by-Step
Is it possible/planned to have easy access menu enabled in Central Fiori Launchpad?
According to the note below, Integration with Easy Access Menu is available in BTP Neo but not CF environment.
2902576 - SAP Cloud Portal service: restrictions in SAP BTP Multi-Cloud (Cloud Foundry) environment
Thanks for the response Jessie Xu
we configured the SAP Easy Access Menu for Fiori Launchpad and now we have access to all transactions (TACs) of user menu and sap menu.
BUT we do not see any web dynpros (WDA) assigned to users. only transactions. What could be the problem?
If you are using role-based option in Chapter 4 of the white paper, you may double check if the target mapping Shell-startWDA was configured correctly as documented in the white paper. Please also note the name of the target mapping Shell-startWDA is case sensitive, means "shell-startWDA" or "Shell-StartWDA" will not work.
we did it correct, and we also tried the other option (not role based, where no target mapping is needed). TACs are working, WDA are not shown.
Any other ideas?
hi Lars, I will suggest you to create a case/incident to SAP Support team for further analysis.
thanks for the how-to-guide.
The SAP Easy Access Menu can currently only be reached via the button profile- app finder and the additional button user menu.
Unfortunately, this is not very user-friendly. So, is it possible to include the SAP Easy Access Menu as a tile on the flp start page?