SAP TechEd in 2021 – A Guide
How to Get the Most Out of SAP TechEd in 2021
In this post you will find some suggestions about how to get the most out of the virtual event.
We still have a month to go, so there is more to come.
For last year’s edition, see
Questions? Post as comment.
Useful? Give us a like and share on social media. Thanks!
SAP TechEd News Guide
All the announcements in one place
For the news feed, follow
SAP News Center
For corporate news coverage, visit
For the official event site, go to
About SAP TechEd
- Who: you
- What: SAP TechEd in 2021, SAP’s annual technology education event.
- When: November 16–18, 2021
- Where: online
- Why: Get insights on SAP technology, development, and future trends
- How (much): no charge
What about the stuff we all get? When signing up you will receive by mail the campaign code for a 25% discount on SAP Certification exams. Stay tuned for more goodie bag updates.
New to the event? You are welcome! In case you feel a little overwhelmed by all the SAPanese, jargon, and lingo, here is a cheat sheet to sort it out.
- SAP Cheat Sheet, Special Edition: SAP TechEd in 2020 (2021 coming up)
The SAP Technical Developers Conference was first held in 1996 in Orlando, Florida during SAPPHIRE. This evolved into an annual event with conferences in Europe, the US, and Asia. The last decade it has been hosted from three location, mostly Las Vegas, Barcelona, and Bangalore, for 3-4 days.
For the nostalgics, see
Main Stage and Show Floor
The keynotes, strategy talks, Q&A sessions, and other show floor content comes from the studio
Tracks and Sessions
Like last year, the tracks map to the four pillars of the SAP Business Technology (BTP) platform plus two tracks for the business apps, one for suite management (user interface, security, master data, lifecycle), and one for partner innovation.
For the complete session and to build your agenda, visit
For those more familiar with the product portfolio on SAP.com, here is a mapping.
- Data Transformation with Intelligent ERP (DT) covers ERP topics, SAP S/4HANA and S4H Cloud mainly.
- Intelligent Suite Solutions and Processes (ISP) bundles CRM solutions (Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, etc.), HXM (SuccessFactors), and Spend Management (Ariba). Cloud business acquisitions, some of which also (still) organising separate events.
- Integrated Intelligent Suite (IIS) brings together several older tracks
- User experience and UI technologies: SAP Fiori, etc
- Security and Identity Management
- Master data management
- Lifecycle management: Cloud ALM
Hands On Exercises
Workshops are listed in the catalog. Some have limited attendance so make sure to sign up A-SAP.
Code samples of the workshops (selection) can be found on GitHub (during and after the event).
Already started: 6-weeks of tech talks with product experts and industry guest speakers, self-paced learning materials, coding challenges, and fun activities.
Training and Certification
Previous years, learning journeys where mapped out corresponding to the above-mentioned tracks.
This year’s offer? To be announced.
When you sign up for TechEd you’ll receive a campaign code for a discount on the SAP Certification exams.
You can watch replays from the SAP TechEd Event site.
- Coming up
Playback is also available from the SAP TechEd YouTube channel.
Blogs, Groups, and Answers
The topic page on the SAP Community lists featured articles and additional resources.
New this year are groups
For blog post notifications on the topic, follow tag
Share and Connect
Questions? Post as comment.
Useful? Give a like and share on social media. Thanks!
If you would like to receive updates, connect with me on
For the author page of SAP Press, visit