Preallocated Stock in SAP S/4HANA Cloud WM
It may happen you have products that are urgently needed for goods issue but are not yet available in the warehouse. These products might be required, for example, by production or customers.
With preallocated stock you can forward the stock directly from the interim storage area for goods receipt directly to the interim storage area for goods issue. This minimizes the time of disruption by skipping putaway to final bin and then stock removal in another step.
Limitation: The system can process preallocated stock for general inbound processes only. It means synchronous goods movement is not yet supported and an inbound delivery must be created.
- Enable preallocated attribute on the Putaway WPT.
Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Cross-Process Settings > Define Warehouse Process Type:
- Activate change documents for preallocated stock (suggested): Allows you to activate change documents to track changes to preallocated stock for a warehouse in the warehouse monitor.Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Internal Warehouse Processes > Activate Change Documents
- Define preallocated stock references categories (optional): Allows you to define reference categories to group documents or information relevant to preallocated stock.Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Internal Warehouse Processes > Define Preallocated Stock References
50 PC of a material are urgently needed in production supply area, storage bin PROD-SUPPLY. We will create a preallocated stock entry requesting this material to forward the incoming stock directly to the production supply area, disregarding the putaway behavior.
- Create a preallocated stock entry in the Warehouse Monitor app > Stock and Bin > Preallocated Stock.
- Create inbound delivery to receive the product. This delivery has 100 PC whereas the required quantity in the PSA bin is 50 PC.
- In Change Inbound Deliveries – Deliveries app, post goods receipt and create the putaway warehouse tasks.
- Open the created WTs. 50 PC were created for storage bin PROD-SUPPLY (preallocated stock entry) and 50 PC for storage bin S001-01-01 (standard putaway behavior)
After confirming the putaway WTs, the preallocated stock entry is deleted. If the inbound delivery was not enough to fulfill the preallocated stock quantity (e.g. if the inbound delivery was for 40 PC), the preallocated stock entry would still remain waiting for the remaining 10 PC.
SAP Warehouse Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105 Development Overview
SAP Help Portal Process Preallocated Stock:
SAP Help Portal Configuration for Preallocated Stock:
Hi Luan - nice post giving some detail on this functionality! Any continuation of the blog exploring what happens once in the preallocated stock bin? I assume there is still outbound delivery and stock removal occurring next to ship the material out? Eventual tie into aATP processes would be ideal, we will see how this evolves. Thanks!
Thanks for your comment and suggestion. As a matter of fact, I wasn’t planing on a continuation for this blog post.
You’re right though, now the stock is available in the required bin and a stock removal (in case of outbound delivery) or a consumption posting (in case of production material request) should happen.
Thank you for including this light cross-docking feature in Cloud WM and describing the process in detail. This will certainly come-in useful for our Cloud customers' warehouse activities.
However, we tried the setup for a trading good scenario, meaning the bought item is urgently needed at the goods issue are S920 and unfortunately following above steps were unsuccesful. Could you please review the steps below:
Based on the above steps, do you know which setup is still missing to ensure this process works?
Thank you for your feedback!
Thanks for your comment.
I ran into this error message before but I thought it had been corrected in 2108CE. Can you please open an SAP incident to check the customizing in detail?