Preallocated Stock in SAP S/4HANA Cloud WM
It may happen you have products that are urgently needed for goods issue but are not yet available in the warehouse. These products might be required, for example, by production or customers.
With preallocated stock you can forward the stock directly from the interim storage area for goods receipt directly to the interim storage area for goods issue. This minimizes the time of disruption by skipping putaway to final bin and then stock removal in another step.
Limitation: The system can process preallocated stock for general inbound processes only. It means synchronous goods movement is not yet supported and an inbound delivery must be created.
- Enable preallocated attribute on the Putaway WPT.
Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Cross-Process Settings > Define Warehouse Process Type:
- Activate change documents for preallocated stock (suggested): Allows you to activate change documents to track changes to preallocated stock for a warehouse in the warehouse monitor.Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Internal Warehouse Processes > Activate Change Documents
- Define preallocated stock references categories (optional): Allows you to define reference categories to group documents or information relevant to preallocated stock.Supply Chain > Warehouse Management > Internal Warehouse Processes > Define Preallocated Stock References
50 PC of a material are urgently needed in production supply area, storage bin PROD-SUPPLY. We will create a preallocated stock entry requesting this material to forward the incoming stock directly to the production supply area, disregarding the putaway behavior.
- Create a preallocated stock entry in the Warehouse Monitor app > Stock and Bin > Preallocated Stock.
- Create inbound delivery to receive the product. This delivery has 100 PC whereas the required quantity in the PSA bin is 50 PC.
- In Change Inbound Deliveries – Deliveries app, post goods receipt and create the putaway warehouse tasks.
- Open the created WTs. 50 PC were created for storage bin PROD-SUPPLY (preallocated stock entry) and 50 PC for storage bin S001-01-01 (standard putaway behavior)
After confirming the putaway WTs, the preallocated stock entry is deleted. If the inbound delivery was not enough to fulfill the preallocated stock quantity (e.g. if the inbound delivery was for 40 PC), the preallocated stock entry would still remain waiting for the remaining 10 PC.
SAP Warehouse Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105 Development Overview
SAP Help Portal Process Preallocated Stock:
SAP Help Portal Configuration for Preallocated Stock: