Register Now for <Hacking> The Future of Work and Living
Dear (local) Community
I am now working in Florian Roth’s organization of Intelligent Enterprise Solutions, in the SAP Experience Garage. Our mission is to accelerate SAPs journey to becoming the worlds most innovative place to work. We are enabling our people to experiment, learn, collaborate and innovate to improve the lives of SAP people and our customers.
We want to extend our experiments to the community and want to bring together our SAP Employees with the community, with local businesses, with startups, with students – connecting the people with technology and innovation to reinvent the future of how we work and live.
You are invited to our business Hackathon in Mannheim (Germany) 28.-30. October 2021!
Over 3 intensive days we coach and inspire a diverse group to collaborate and apply innovation methods exploring the future of work and living in urban areas.
Imagine….you leave home and you know that your office is just a 10 min walk away. Close to where you live, but in an urban environment filled with creative businesses, coffee shops, restaurants and startup offices. Sounds like Berlin or San Francisco? Well, imagine such a place in Mannheim. All you need is an app and your key card. Book your desk and meeting room, access the space with your key card. Meet fellow SAP workers in the space or have a chat with local entrepreneurs or designers over coffee. Even lunch in the neighborhood restaurant of your choice is paid with your keycard. Check out where your colleagues are, meet them for lunch, coffee or a beer at one of the after-work events. In addition, you’re saving gas, money, time. Life could be so easy…
This is just one of many stories around our hackathon tracks
#Experience #Sustainability #LivingLab
Make an impact by creating a proof of concept at the hackathon. Utilize your skills in a vibrant environment with people, local businesses, service providers and startups. Combine with tools, data and methodologies by “<Hacking> the future of work and living”
- Format: 3-day onsite hackathon (2G Event) – NO online participation possible
- Date: October 28-30 2021 (9-18 h plus optional evening events)
- Location: Altes Stromwerk, Fardelystraße 1-3, 68169 Mannheim
- Target audience: SAP Community, SAP Employees, tudents from regional Universities/Institutes
- Open to all participants of technical and nontechnical skillsets
If you cannot join for the full event, you are also welcomed to view our panel discussion on Thursday evening or to see the final pitches on Saturday afternoon and join us the celebration evening. (Registration required)
Hackathon 28-30 of October 9 am to 6 pm, Mannheim
Panel Discussion Thursday 28 of October 6pm, Mannheim
Join the panel discussion on with food and drinks: Register on EventBrite
In this panel discussion we will explore how the future of work looks like, the role digitalization plays and how local and global collaboration will change the way we live and work in the future.
- Christian Schmeichel, SAP SVPand Chief Future of Work Officer
- Florian Roth, SAP Chief Information Officer
- Carolin Windlin, Co-Founder of 1000 Satellites Coworking – a Chemovator Venture
- Alexander Uelsberg, HRLine Solutions Lead Germany at Microsoft
- Christian Sommer, Managing Director mannheimer gründungszentren gmbh – NEXT MANNHEIM
- Florian Fischer, Founding Partner Styx Urban Investments Mannheim and Event Host
Pitch Event Saturday 30 of October 1:30-5:30 pm and Celebration Night 6pm to 10 pm
Register on EventBrite
Join the final event to see the team pitches and the outcomes of the hackathon. Team will present their ideas for the future of work and living to a diverse judging panel for feedback and for the chance to bring a real-world impact together. The jury will then select the winning team(s). Following the pitches from 6pm onwards we will celebrate with a party, networking and drinks.
- #Experience: What is my experience as an employee and citizen in a flex world?
- #Living Lab: How do communities connect to collaborate and experiment in the field?
- #Sustainability: How can we leverage connected urban areas to make our lives and our communities more sustainable?
- Design the workspace of the future that meets the needs and demands from an employee and company perspective. SAP – Future of Work Taskforce (Sponsor Christian Schmeichel)
- Design a E2E digital solution to enhance the citizen participation in my city. Sparked – Citizen Participation
- Build the outline of a corporate culture that uses green spaces to encourage productivity and creativity while providing positive impact to people and environment. SoliDrip – Urban Greening
Our hackathon is part of the official program of the Mannheimer Innovation festival innomake! https://innovationsfestival-mannheim.de/
Special thanks to our Sponsors and Contributors who make this event happen:
SAP, SAP Experience Garage, STYX, Microsoft (Gold Sponsor), Tink Tank, Go Seven AG, 1000 Satellites, SoliDrip, Bold Brains, Universität Mannheim, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, Stadtmarketing Mannheim, NordlichtIT Solutions, SleevesUp, MCEI