Connectivity Of SAP BTP Asset Intelligence Network/Asset Central Foundation 1911 With SAP S/4 HANA 1909 FPS00
SAP’s Asset Intelligence Network (AIN) is one of the applications included in the SAP Leonardo IoT portfolio’s Connected Assets pillar. SAP Leonardo is the new umbrella brand for SAP innovations focusing on digital business transformations, and it is basically a collection of software and services which can be used by organizations to develop digital transformation applications, thus empowers business by connecting the emerging world of intelligent devices with people and processes to achieve real business outcomes. SAP’s Asset Intelligence Network is a cloud-based platform for secured information exchange between various roles in asset-intensive industries, like equipment manufacturers, operators, maintenance providers, etc.
SAP Mobile Add-On is a prerequisite for releases lower than SAP S/4HANA 1909 with following minimum requirements.
|SAP Mobile Add-On||Minimum Requirement|
|SAP S/4HANA: Mobile Add-on for S/4 1.0 SP04||SAP S/4HANA: 1610 FPS01|
|SAP ERP: Mobile Add-on for ERP 6.3 SP03||
SAP ERP: ECC 6 EHP7 SP14
|SAP ERP: Mobile Add-on for ERP 6.2 SP08||
SAP ERP: ECC 6 EHP5 SP03
INSTALLATION PROCESS BEGINS
Step 1 – Activate Business Configuration Set
The Business Configuration Set /ACI/ASSET_CENTRAL_INTEGRATION holds all the required configurations for SAP EAM and asset central foundation integration, and it must be activated.
To activate, use transaction code SCPR20.
Step 2 – Define Number Range Intervals
The intervals for number range objects /SYCLO/C_2, /SMFND/IQ1, /SMFND/SY1 and /SMFND/DS1 must be defined –
- Start transaction SNRO.
- Enter the number range for object /SYCLO/C_2:
- Interval 01, Value 0000000001 ~ 0099999999: Push instance record ID
- Interval 02, Value 0100000000 ~ 0199999999: System statistic record ID
- Interval 03, Value 0200000001 ~ 0299999999: Mobile transaction history record ID
- Interval 04, Value 0300000001 ~ 0399999999: Subscription queue record ID
- Enter the number range for object /SMFND/SY1.
- Interval 01, Value 0000000001 ~ 0199999999: Object link record ID
- Enter the number range for object /SMFND/IQ1.
- Interval 01, Value 0000000001 ~ 0199999999: Inbound transaction record ID
- Enter the number range for object /SMFND/DS1.
- Interval 01, Value 0000000001 ~ 0999999999: Staging Data Store Data Segment Record No.
Step 3 – Get Client ID , Client Secret , Token URL , Application URL from SCP AIN.
OAuth 2.0 credential details from the service key instance using navigation path Subaccount → Spaces → Service Instances → (SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management aspm-poc) → Service Keys → (select relevant service key).
Step 4 – Upload Root Certificate Authority (CA) of the SCP Server Certificate to the SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP System
Import or download the root CA of the SAP Cloud Platform server certificate from the browser by launching the relevant application, such as SAP AIN, SAP PdMS or SAP ASPM.
- The downloaded root CA certificate should be uploaded to the SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP system using transaction code STRUST to the relevant PSEs (client standard and anonym).
Step 5 – Maintain SAP Asset Central Foundation System Information in the SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP System
- Create a new RFC destination for the CF tenant using transaction code SM59 using the following details:Name: AIN_CONNECTION_CF
- Connection Type: G (HTTP Connection to External Server)
- Target Host: Enter Java Application URL. For example, the SAP AIN or SAP ASPM or SAP PdMS tenant backend URL.
- In the Security Options section, set SSL to Active and choose the relevant SSL certificate from the certificate list.
Step 6 – OAuth 2.0 Configuration
The following configuration steps must be performed to set up the OAuth 2.0 client credentials authentication. This is applicable only for customers with SAP BASIS release 752 and above.
- Start transaction OA2C_CONFIG (OAuth 2.0 Clients).
- To create an OAuth 2.0 client, choose Create button on the Overview screen and a popup with the configuration UI appears.
- Choose the OAuth 2.0 client /ACI/INT_SERVICE.
- Enter the OAuth 2.0 Client ID and choose OK. For more information regarding the Client ID and Client credentials, refer to the Onboarding Guide for SAP AIN, SAP PdMS or SAP ASPM.
- Provide the Client secret password of the SAP AIN or SAP ASPM account.
- In the Access Settings section, choose Selected Grant Type as Client Credentials.
- In the Authorization Server Settings section, adjust the Authorization Endpoint and Token Endpoint by providing the token endpoint of the SAP AIN, SAP PdMS or SAP ASPM account. The authorization endpoint may be the same as token endpoint (uaa.url+’oauth/token’).
- Save your changes.
Step 7 – Define Server Management Properties
- Run the transaction /N/SYCLO/ADMIN from your on-premise system. The web-dynpro application displays.
- Navigate to the Administration Tab and choose Server Management from the navigation bar.
- Select Mobile Application from the dropdown and select Asset Central Integration.
- Choose the Create button and provide the following details in Basic Info tab.
- Mobile Application: Asset Central Integration
- Middeware Svr SerNo: For example, SCP
- System Component: Select relevant option from the drop down
- RFC Destination: Enter the name of the RFC destination created.
- UI Host Name: AIN FLP Launchpad URL.
- Choose to the Additional Properties tab and Add the following details:
|Property Group||Property Name||Property Value|
|AC_PROPERTY||EXTERNAL_SYSTEM_NAME||<External System Name>|
Click on SAVE.
Step 8 – Activate and Maintain Services
Go to Transaction Code – /n/iwfnd/maint_serivce to add Service – /ACI/ASSET_CENTRAL_CHANGE_NOTIF in Gateway.
Step 9 – Configure Destination Service
- Navigate to the corresponding Asset Central SaaS tenant.
- Choose Destinations and select New Destination.
- Provide the Destination name and its details. For example:
- Name: EAM_CONNECTION (Make sure that the Name is always prefixed with EAM_)
- Type: HTTP
- Description: Provide a short description
- URL: API to access the SAP S/4 HANA system (For example http://***********/sap/opu/odata/ACI/ASSET_CENTRAL_CHANGE_NOTIF/AssetCentralChangeNotifications)
- Authentication: Basic Authentication
- User: Username to access the SAP EAM system
- Password: Password to access the SAP EAM system
- Save your entries.
Step 10 – Set-up Cloud Connector
- Login to the Cloud Connector.
- Create a connector for your SAAS tenant by adding the subaccount.
- The system prompts you to login to your subaccount. Enter the Region, Subaccount, Login details and Description.
- Enter the Port details that are open for communication.
- From the navigation panel, choose Cloud To On-Premise option and then select the Subaccount that you created.
- Click Add for HTTP and HTTPS URL for the host that is open for communication.
- Add relevant details in the Resources Accessible tab and enter the following:
- Enter /sap/opu/odata as the endpoint in URL Path column and Path and all sub-paths in Access Policy column.
Step 11 – Integration Readiness Check
Run Program – /ACI/CORE_READINESS_CHECK_PROG to check the integration and connectivity of SAP AIN to Onpremise S/4 HANA 1909 System.
Once everything below is green you are good to you for Functional Configuration.
This blog post provide steps to establish connectivity of SAP BTP AIN product with S/4 HANA On-Premise System.
We have used these steps to configure the end to end scenario of SAP BTP AIN product with S/4 HANA On-Premise for AIN which comprises ASPM, PdMS & PAI.
Dear Readers please provide your valuable feedback on this post in the comment section , as this will help me to improve upon my future posts.
You can also find Q&A and post questions for the address mentioned below of community tag –
Happy sharing !!
I HAVE COME TO THE END OF THIS POST. HOPE THIS BLOG POST WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR YOU.