SAP BODS / Data services road map DS 4.3
Today, we are going to discuss on SAP Data services Road map and different versions of it.
Data Services 4.2 has End of Mainstream Support in March 2023 and End of Priority 1 Support in Dec 2024. If no new Data Services major/minor version (i.e. 4.3 or 5.x) is released at least
one year prior to the End of Mainstream Support date, then this date will be extended, to continue to support the product.
Data Services supports the latest active Support Package (SP) and one back. The table below shows active/inactive SP version and the latest patch release date.
How to read this table:
- SP releases in grey rows have reached end of mainstream maintenance.
- SP releases in green rows are active. The Last Patch Release Dates are proposed dates and subject to change without notice.
- SP releases in yellow rows are in development and have not released. The RTC dates indicated are proposed dates and subject to change without notice.
- The Last Patch Release Date for an SP typically follows the RTC date of its “SP+2” successor. For example, the Last Patch Release Date for SP02 follows the RTC Date of SP04.
Change in the successor’s RTC Date may result in a change to the predecessor’s Last Patch Release Date and its number of patches.
- Use the highest available patch within the highest available Active Release, which has the most up-to-date features, enhancements, and fixes. SAP Data Services patches are
downloadable from SAP’s Support Portal. The base version (Patch 0_ and the latest 2 patches are available for download.
- Use the same Data Services Client Tools as the Data Services Server version. However, the different Data Services Client Tools versions within the same SP will work unless specified
I will get the features of the 4.3 version once available.