Coming soon to SAP Emarsys, Geo-fencing and Road back to Retail
In preparation for the SAP Emarsys Summer Release (arriving on October 20th), I’d like to introduce some of the new features we will be including.
Today’s topic: Geofencing and other mobile marvels.
What is geofencing?
A geofence is a virtual geographical boundary, in our case defined by GPS, that enables you to trigger an event when a mobile device enters it. You can use that event to send a targeted push message to the device.
With the Autumn Release, this feature will be generally available to all Mobile Engage customers. You can upload a file with your Geofence data and then start to create automated programs unique to each location.
For example, you can:
- Give customers arriving to click & collect instructions on where to find their items
- Promote offers particular to each store as contacts walk past
- Alert customers to new products or items that are back in stock
- Track which stores a contact prefers and target them accordingly
- Combine your online and offline experiences by suggesting self-service checkouts
- Send personalized welcome messages to contacts arriving at events
- and many more…
Why should I be using it?
Geofencing is the perfect way to bring your online and offline strategies together.
In particular, you can bridge the gap between the predominantly online Black Friday season with the more offline shopping habits during the build-up to the the holiday season (and the New Year sales).
Research shows that consumers have both massively raised their particuipation in online commerce, but are still keen to get back into physical stores. With geofencing, you can accelerate both these trends in one go.
What other mobile updates are we releasing
OK, so maybe I oversold these as ‘mobile marvels’. The rest of the features in this release are smaller updates to integrate our mobile products better into our multichannel offering, and keep up with industry developments.
- Huawei Mobile Services integration
Emarsys has developed a new version of the Emarsys SDK making use of the Huawei Push Kit, enabling push messaging to Huawei devices.
- Flutter integration
The Flutter plug-in for Emarsys makes it easy to use the Emarsys Mobile Engage features directly from a Flutter application.
Want to know more?
That’s about all I can say about this in a short blog, but you can always follow this up.
If you have any comments, please respond to this post, or ask us a question.
If you are an SAP Emarsys customer
Make sure to join one of our upcoming release webinars:
- Europe / Americas – Wednesday, October 20, 11 am EST / 4 pm BST, in English
- Europe – Mittwoch, 20. Oktober, 17:00 CEST, auf Deutsch
- APAC – Thursday, October 21, 11 am AEST, In English
You can also read up on our product documentation.
If you are not yet an SAP Emarsys customer
Please speak to your SAP Partner Manager to learn more about Emarsys, or request a demo.