SAP Central Finance – Replication Enhancement via BRF+
In Central Finance S/4 HANA Replication, we always get additional business requirement, which is not achievable using standard configuration setups. This triggers the use of different enhancement options to implement business logic,in order to have successful replication. There are different ways of custom enhancement in Central Finance:
- Using MDG Mapping – By Creating custom mapping entity, if there is simple one- or two-level mapping requirement
- Using BRF+ in combination with Replication BADI
- Using Custom Tables in combination with Replication BADI
This blog focuses on how to use BRF+(Business Rule Framework) in replication of documents in Central Finance.
In this blog, usage of BRF+ will be explained based on below use case:
|Company Code||Account Type||Change the Value of Item Text(SGTXT)|
Whenever company code is 1000 and line item account type is K(Vendor), then change the value of SGTXT(Item Text) to value SET. Please note that this is just an example of usage of BRF+ in Central Finance Replication. It can be used for complex business logic as well.
Step 1: Create BRF+ Application using transaction Code BRF+
Step 2: Create Decision Table based on Business Logic
Step 3: Define the Ruleset using Decision Table
Step 4: Create Function and assign Ruleset
Step 5: Call this function in FI Replication BADI BADI_FINS_CFIN_AC_INTERFACE. In this case, method MAP_VALUES
Sample Code for changing line items data using BRF+ Function:
Step 6: Sample Document Posted in Source and Replicated in Central Finance after BRF+ implementation using BADI
Document posted in Source ECC System
Replicated document in Central Finance
- BRF+ can be implemented and linked to any replication processes (Finance, CO, AUFK, etc.)
- These business logics can be implemented using custom tables as well. However, with custom tables and logics written in BADI, makes it more technical.
- If BRF+ is implemented using all the relevant parameters of BADI, then complete business logic requirement like profit centre determination, clearing any field, document type re-direction, etc, can be met by only working in BRF+ with business and functional expertise. There will be no requirement of changing ABAP code with new addition of any source systems/company codes or with change of existing business logic.
I hope this blog post was helpful for you!
CFIN: Central Finance
BRF+: Business Rule Framework
MDG: Master Data Governance
BADI: Business Addins
CO: COBK Replication