Why SAP BTP – The future road map of Mobility solution?
Since the Corona Virus pandemic hit, it now become a normal routine to work remotely. In today’s digital world most of them are mobile users across the industries like Life Science, Manufacturing, A&D, RCPG etc. and they are faced with more tasks and less time to get the job done right. That intimidating scenario drives the need of Mobility across the enterprise and increasing adoption of hardware and software solutions – a lot faster than we anticipated, to be honest, that provide end-user with ability to work effectively wherever they are. Since significant portion of population might continue to work remotely and to compliment this effectively – there need to be advance Mobility solution.
To help our customer to leverage the SAP based mobility solution we need to first understand their requirement before jumping in to solution. Here is some of the key requirement which customer always demand like –
- Ability to do CRUD operation via Mobile Devices
- Ability to leverage the Native features via Mobile devices like Barcode scanning, Camera Photo attachment etc.
- Offline Synchronization
- Ability to use machine learning to associate captured pictures with material and provide the foundation for searching and finding materials by an image.
Now let’s see what are options we have to cater this requirement.
- As per this SAP Note – 2992772 , SAP is removing Fiori Client from mobile app stores at mid of 2021.
- As per this SAP Note – 2941328, SAP said mainstream maintenance for the SAP Mobile Platform will officially end on the same date in 2020.It is recommended – switching to SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services.
By looking in to all this its win-win situation for SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP), which is not only new name for SCP, it widens the scope of their cloud offerings to match more what customers expect from SAP BTP is more than “just” cloud. It includes all the technology SAP offers to enable the intelligent enterprise. Rise with SAP also includes the use of the SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform/formerly SAP Cloud Platform), which is used, among other things, for the outsourcing of developments (side-by-side extensibility). In addition, innovations (e.g. Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI) from SAP and SAP partners are provided here, which can be used as services. Last but not least, BTP is also an important tool as an integration platform to other SAP or non-SAP systems.
What are the SAP BTP Mobile offering –
SAP Mobile Services is a cloud-based offering that delivers reusable services which can be leveraged by mobile app developers, so they can concentrate on delivering the business requirements rather building infrastructure.
SAP Mobile services integration categorized in to three forms –
- Full Cloud – In this scenario the overall system is on the cloud platform.
- Hybrid Cloud – In this scenario On-Premise system connects to SAP BTP.
- Multi-cloud – In this scenario the Backend system resides on the third-party cloud Platform.
SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK) extends SAP Mobile Services and SAP Web IDE/Business Application Studio to provide you with a comprehensive set of mobile application development and management tools.
SAP BTP SDK for iOS provides you with a range of tools to develop your own native apps with Swift.
SAP BTP SDK for Android allows you to develop your own native apps using Android Studio and your preferred programming language.
SAP Mobile Cards allow you to share enterprise data in a mobile-friendly format using containerized micro apps.
AppGyver is a Low code / No Code platform that enables power users to build apps quickly. AppGyver’ s solutions will become part of SAP BTP. They will broaden SAP’s offering in the area of business process intelligence.
Few advantages of SAP BTP Mobiles Services –
- Low Cost – If you move to SAP BTP Mobile Services, all the infrastructure actions (Installation, DB admin, patch upgrade etc.) will be taken care by SAP.
- Faster access to Intelligence and analytical services.
Using SAP BTP Based Mobile solution give us the opportunity to full-fill customer demand with minimal obstacle and as SAP continuous to propagate SAP BTP for their SAP infrastructure, so most of the customer now considering cloud for their SAP infrastructure and they are keen on transforming all the SAP services to Cloud Provider. In today’s digital world, where efficiency and time are key to every business, we need to be in align with all the latest move of SAP.
For more information please visit SAP Business Technology Platform