SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – 5 Steps to Fiori Bootcamp for Customers
UPDATES – MAR/2023
– You can now register for the sessions in Q2-2023. Find all details in the program information document.
– This offering now includes content on SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics
– This offering is valid for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition and On-Premise deployments
SAP Fiori has evolved alongside SAP S/4HANA. As a result of the evolution in the SAP Fiori design system, technologies and tools, multiple customers ask us time and time again how they can make use of all the features in SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA to manage their UX adoption journey. In response, the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG (Regional Implementation Group) provide a free hands-on experience bootcamp called 5 Steps to Fiori.
Why bring your team to the 5 Steps to Fiori bootcamp?
So you are moving to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition or On-Premise with a promise of adopting the latest and greatest innovations. Then you will want to know that SAP Fiori is how business users consume SAP S/4HANA innovations, including:
- Mobile access to your SAP processes
- Embedded Analytics
- The many new processes only available with SAP S/4HANA (think Group Reporting, Predictive MRP, Central Procurement, Automated Sales Order Extraction, and many more)
- Intelligent technologies (think Situation Handling, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation)
Sounds like SAP Fiori is something you might need to know, right? Maybe you might need some skills in SAP Fiori? Maybe you need to work out how you can adopt this user experience for your business users?
In fact, SAP Fiori is the foundation for innovation at SAP, and the strategic direction for UX in SAP S/4HANA and SAP Cloud Solutions. SAP Fiori delivers more than 2K apps as an integral part of SAP S/4HANA as well as a design system, technologies, and tools that provide consistent, intelligent, and integrated user experience for SAP software across platforms and devices.
SAP Fiori has evolved alongside SAP S/4HANA. Because of this evolution and constant change in the SAP Fiori design system, technologies, and tools, you will need to know how to deploy and adopt SAP Fiori in your business to truly embrace your UX adoption journey and manage the pace of change to these new innovations.
In response, the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG (Regional Implementation Group) would like to introduce you to a free hands-on experience bootcamp called 5 Steps to Fiori which will help you define your UX adoption strategy and gain practical hands-on skills in activities, technologies, and tools to adopt SAP Fiori UX. In this bootcamp you will also find answers to questions such as,
- What are the steps involved in SAP Fiori Rapid Activation?
- How to refine the delivered SAP Business Roles to match business needs?
- How to identify the security authorization objects needed to use SAP Fiori apps?
- Is activating and maintaining SAP Fiori a purely technical effort?
- What SAP Fiori features should you highlight to business users to smooth onboarding and encourage adoption?
- What can you do with the no-code/low-code key user (in-app) extensibility to enhance the delivered SAP Fiori apps in minutes?
- How to identify quick wins in the intelligent technology use cases delivered in SAP Fiori?
- What project activities you need to include and who needs to be involved?
- How to evaluate SAP Partners who we want to engage for the implementation of SAP Fiori?
- What will the business lose if we don’t use SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA?
What is offered in this bootcamp?
This bootcamp is offered by SAP’s S/4HANA RIG, which allows you to reach experts who have hands-on experience in SAP Fiori implementations, with well-known names in SAP’s UX area like @Jocelyn Dart, @Hannes Defloo, @Leslie Castle, @Sreeram Kaki, @Jorge Baltazar and it should be interesting for SAP S/4HANA customers who are:
- Starting or planning an implementation project and what to learn about SAP Fiori
- Live after a technical conversion and want start with SAP Fiori in a next phase
- Live with some SAP Fiori scope implemented by a partner and want get some in-house SAP Fiori knowledge
This bootcamp is offered only for SAP customers and each customer is required to participate as a team. The team must have five members, one each, from Basis, Functional, Security, Developer, and a Team Lead (who acts as the coordinator for the team). The bootcamp is designed for a team of five and we will not be able to register individuals for this program. If your organization is interested, please send your company name, company’s SAP Customer ERP Number, and the names and area of expertise of the five members who would be participating in the bootcamp from your company.
Please click here to access the program information document. where you will find:
- Upcoming dates in your region
- Prerequisites and a summary of the bootcamp flow
- How to apply to get a registration form and more detailed information
If you have more questions on the prerequisites, CAL or Sandbox system provisioning or team definitions please click here to access the program FAQ.
Also note that sessions and content are delivered in English language.
What have other customers learned by joining this training?
If you are interested in listening to customer experiences while running this training, feel free to listen to our podcast where you can learn how other companies have prepared for this training and tips and tricks for organizing your team.
Inside SAP S/4HANA – Episode 65: 5 Steps to SAP Fiori: Learning Through Hands-On Activities (feat. Intel)
Can you mention some of the program highlights?
This bootcamp is offered by SAP’s S/4HANA RIG, which allows you to reach experts who have hands-on experience in SAP Fiori implementations, with well-known names in SAP’s UX area like
The program highlights are shown below.
Your team must consist of five members with the following expertise.
This program has been running for the last couple of years with positive results. You can find some comments from customers participating in this training from the last training runs per region: Americas, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), APJ (Asia-Pacific Japan)
What is the feedback from bootcamp participants?
5Steps2Fiori – Feedback Q2 2022 All Regions
5Steps2Fiori – Feedback Q1 2022 All Regions
5Steps2Fiori – Feedback Q1 2021 All Regions
I hope you found this blog post helpful – feel free to leave comments and feedback, you can follow the SAP Fiori for S/4HANA tag to receive updates on blog posts here.
Becoming an SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on our SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA wiki
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA RIG
Can we have documentation for the Bootcamp/workshop?
Documentation is released only to registered teams and participants.
Is there any way using SAP Fiori Plugin modification we can add the facility to capture the log off time of users. For Audit purpose in ECC we have the report which captures the User log in and Log off time . But after upgrade to HANA and FIORI and front end, as you know Fiori does not capture the log off time. To meet the Audit requirement we need to capture the log off time when users use the log off button or close the browser.
Your suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
how about 2023? Is there an additional schedule for the bootcamps planned?
Unfortunately we don't have the resources to join this year but we a very interested to do so if possible in 2023.
Thanks and Kind Regards,
We will update the documents once dates for 2023 have been defined but do expect sessions to be delivered in 2023.
If you would like to save a seat for next year, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share a pre-registration form.
We are in the contract finalization to migrate the current SAP on-premises environment to SAP RISE as the starting point. Next year, after the lift-shift, we embed the final conversion of ESS WDA to Neptune and FIori, we plan to go ahead with the system conversion to S4HANA Cloud with further enhancement including with BTP (SAP PI/PO conversion), analytic (currently we use SAP BO and DS), Fiori or other SAP solutions (such as Concur for Travel).
Do you have a schedule for 2023? We are looking forward to subscribe it (from EMEA - KSA).