How to get hits on the help.sap.com search from current (2020) ABAP-NetWeaver-S/4HANA releases
When one searches for special things from the ABAP Netweaver Stack like RZ11 parameters and types eg “max_amc_receiver_entries” into the search box on help.sap.com you get only results from 2017. But this parameter was available before 2017 and is still available in current versions!
When you are specifically looking for search hits in a concrete ABAP/NetWeaver version, use the following version specific landing pages
and type in your search term on those pages, then you will get results!
But there are still some inconsistencies:
- The URL of these landing pages are inconsistent (but the search on these pages works, if you construct similar URLs, the either do not work (like https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/ABAP_PLATFORM_2020 which points into the void) or do not give sufficient search results
- Some of pages have “undefined” as the title displayed in the browser tab
- Searching on https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/ABAP_PLATFORM_1909 gives hits for the 2020 release
- Choosing a version on the page https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_NETWEAVER/ most times does not lead to pages which give sufficient search results
- Klicking on the link “Product: ABAP_PLATFORM_2020″ in the search results leads into the void
SAP should make sure the search on help.sap.com works and gives the expected hits, that the link provided in the search results works, that the product restriction for search results works and that pages have titles.
27.09.2021: Added some more version links