SAP S/4 Hana: How to consume our own CDS view in Query Browser Fiori App
We are going to discuss how to consume our own CDS view in Query Browser Fiori Application.
In Query Browser Fiori App we can design reports and can also save as a tile by using standard CDS available in SAP and by using our own CDS developed specifically for that purpose. analytical queries to which the user has access. You need to assign the Query Browser role to a user. To launch the application, click the Tile Catalog and choose Query Browser from the Query Browser catalog. By default, the content views are pre-organized by the view name.
For configuration this standard app you can refer this Link
After opening this application you will get to see the all the assigned analytical queries(standard and our Z developed CDS view) to user.
You can select any query and click on “Open for Analysis” button for analysis.
For Adding our own Query
We need to developed CDS view with Analaytical Query and Odata Publish to “true” and view type should be Consumption.
Our developed CDS will be visible on top of the list after descending.
You need to select the CDS and click on “Open for Analysis”.
Following screen will be appeard for analysis.
Click on upper right “Actions” button, then click on “Save as Tile”.
Give the following information for creating the Tile.
Tile will be visible on Foiri Launchpad.
By using this techinique you can add your own CDS view in Query Browser Fiori App and create specific tiles based on your reporting needs.
Hope this will be useful to you and I’m willing to receive your feedback
Nice blog. I created a Consumption CDS view and it appears in Fiori Query browser, but when I select the view name and click on Open for Analysis getting following error , could you pls let me know how to fix this..
’‘ Could not instantiate data source ‘DS_1’ for query ‘2CZ<queryname>
‘Query 2CZ<queryname> is unknown.
The issue will be resolved by following the below steps :
1) Set a BW-client: Transaction SE37 RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET. If you use only one client, then fill I_MANDT with this one. If you use multiple clients, choose one of these.
2) Set user parameters RSWAD_DEV_MDVERSION = ‘072’ and RSWAD_SKIP_JAVA = ‘X’ for user DDIC(Its setting in transaction SU01 under parameter tab)
3) Logon to system with user DDIC in the client you used in step 1 and perform transaction RSTCO_ADMIN in order to activate the technical objects, which are needed for the engine. The parameters set in step 2 avoid, that unnecessary objects (related to BI tools based on JAVA) are activated here.
4) If you don't look at the OLAP-statistics you should deactivate these: Transaction SE38 - execute Report SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN: with OBJECT = RSDDSTAT_GLOBAL_OFF and VALUE = X in insert mode. If you need the statistics, you can switch these on by running the program with that object but VALUE = space in update mode.
5) If you want to use OData-Services run report EQ_RS_AUTO_SETUP (transaction SE38)
6) If you want to use the BW time hierarchies, go to transaction RSRHIERARCHYVIRT and mark the hierarchies you need - for this you have to wait until the job triggered in step 3 has finished successfully 7) Call function module RSEC_GENERATE_BI_ALL.