SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud Integration Extension Part II
In this blog post will try to introduce scenario enhance the outbound integration between SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud and SAP S/4HANA.
If you want see the inbound integration scenarios, please see Part I.
In this post will enhance an outbound interface scrap/yield confirmation, will provide two more fields personnel number and variance reason code. and this will require we do some extensions from DMC side for the integration.
- Register CPI interface as a service in DMC
- Create Production Process to consume the service in step 1.
- Develop an PoD Plugin to consume the production process in step 2.
- Create a POD to trigger the PoD Plugin
- Integration configuration has been setup.
- You have access to the DMC sub-account.
- Business Application Studio has been enabled for your account.
Register CPI interface as a service in DMC
- open app Manage Web Servers and create a new web server.you can reuse the the Destination CPI_DESTINATION_IFLMAP created for the integration, or create a new one.
The web server should be consume by DMC_Cloud.
- open app Manage Service Registry and create a new service.Web Server should be the one in step 1.
Url/Path: the path to the SAP CI yield/scrap interface: /gw/odata/SAP/API_PROD_ORDER_CONFIRMATION_2_SRV;v=1/ProdnOrdConf2
Parameters create one erpDestination to specify the erp system to integrate.
For the inbound request body, can be defined as below(not include supported fields, see metadata of the cpi interface for details):
After save, we can consume this service by the Production Process.
Create Production Process to consume the SAP CI service
- open app Design Production Process and choose ‘Create’
- switch to ‘Edit’ mode and choose the service you created by click ‘Select Services’
- browse the service and toggle it, then save
- You can select it from left list and drag it to the right designer
- define your own production process, debug and fix issues.
- Deploy the production process and edit header to make sure its public to Service Registry
you will be able verify the new service generated from app Manage Service Registry with a prefix P_****
Develop an PoD Plugin to consume the production process
- Create your own PoD plugin from template or modify from samples
- Edit view/MainView.view.xml to make the ui satisfy your requirements
- Edit the controller/MainView.controller.js to meet your requirements
- Edit the builder/PropertyEditor.js to define properties can be configured from POD Designer
- Edit the mta.yaml to allow DMC tenant able to access the plugin, by edit CORS section
- Right click the mta.yaml and build the application, and there will be an *.mtar file generated under folder mta_archives
- select the mtar file and deploy it from the right click menu.
- Then you will be able to verify from your sub account that the plugin application deployed in the space.
Create a POD to trigger the PoD Plugin
- open app POD Designer and create one POD or modify existing one
- add the PoD Plugin we created into a plugin container
- configure the Plugin parameters you exposed to designer
- Save the POD and test it, order id here was 1878936.
- Verify the status of order 1878936 from SAP S/4 HANA side.
As you can see, the Personnel no. and Reason code populated
With this post you know how to call the interface that standard SAP CI package provided with values that standard DMC process didn’t provided.
As this approach need bypass the standard integration scenario, you need turn the collaboration link off and handle the parameters yourself from DMC and work with an S/4 HANA consultant together.