Import Sales Orders – Part4: Custom fields support
Hi Guys, I am glad to tell you another wonderful news that our Import Sales Orders app supports custom fields now. In this blog, I will briefly introduce how to achieve it
Usually, the standard fields of sales order (VBAK, VBAP) provided by SAP may not be sufficient to our customer. Currently, customer can use Custom Fields app to create new custom fields and enable the usage of corresponding apps.
Creating Custom Field
1. Open the “Custom Fields” app (business role SAP_BR_ANALYTICS_SPECIALIST is needed to your user).
2. When creating custom fields, choose one of the following business contexts:
- Sales: Sales Document
- Sales: Sales Document Item
3. In the UIs and Reports area, enable usage for the following to use this field in the Import Sales Orders app:
SD_SALES_ORDER_IMPORT (Import Sales Orders)
Tips: If you also want to use this field in the Create Sales Orders – VA01, Change Sales Orders – VA02, and Display Sales Orders – VA03 apps, please enable usage for the following:
- Create, Change, or Display Sales Documents (Header)
- Create, Change, or Display Sales Documents (Item)
Usage of Custom Field
After the custom fields have been enabled for usage in the Import Sales Orders app, they will be automatically added to the ‘Field List’ sheet after you download the template.
Briefly, open Import Sales Orders app, click the ‘Download Template’ button on the top-right. After that, there will be a template excel downloaded to your local system.
In the template excel, you can find your custom fields in ‘Field List’ Sheet. This means this custom field is available now.
If you want to upload this field, you have to add a new column in the ‘Order Data’ sheet. The column technical name should be same as field name in ‘Field List’ sheet ( Better to copy and paste). Then you can enter order data for an import.
Tips: The technical field name is not case sensitive. Lower case is also acceptable.
Hope this blog can bring you something new. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to contact us.