SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool – FAQ Blog Series
We have created a blog series with frequently asked questions regarding the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool. We are pleased to bring you a total of four blogs on this topic which our colleague Sonam Saxena has put together to cover a variety of questions you may come to ask yourself in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer Testing workstream when working with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool. This blog series will help customers, partners, and project teams understand the various FAQ’s for the tool for their project deployments.
In the blog series, you can find the breakdown of frequently asked questions per blog for easy navigation:
The first blog in the series covers the Change Test Data Using Data Variant task questions which occur in the Test Execution deliverable in the Realize phase:
- How do I create change master data in the SAP Default variant and use system variables?
- How do I create a custom variant and execute it?
- How to check if the data binding is valid after creating a custom script.
- How can I do Role Based Testing – without Changing the Standard Automate to Custom?
- How can I check if SAP has changed a particular process step or action?
- How can I identify if the automate is deprecated and if any new automate is delivered as part of current upgrade?
In the third blog, FAQ’s during the Test Preparation in Realize phase when creating test processes is covered:
- How can I make use of existing custom actions without re-recording? And copy action from different process steps?
- Why is my custom script not visible while creating test plan?
- Move Action – how can I change the user action number?
- Can you help me to better understand the action logs and what they mean?
- Under which component do I raise an incident related to the Automation tool related app issues?
- How to modify formulas in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Public) Test Automation tool?
- How can I make use of the skip formula to efficiently tackle multiple flows in a step?
- What’s the preference of execution among XPath, label, ID if all of them are present in an action?
We hope that all of these blogs which Sonam has outlined for you along with the Frequently Asked Questions on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool will help you in your project implementation journey. Feel free to leave a comment below or reach out via the FAQ blog which your question relates to above for direct feedback from Sonam.
Additionally, check out the additional resources and content below to expand your knowledge on SAP Activate and SAP S/4HANA:
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA.” This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #SAPS4HANAValueSeries