SAP Network Spatial Service – Overview
This blog post provides an overview of SAP Network Spatial Service.
On August 20, 2021, we released exciting new SAP Business Network innovations for our customers. See https://blogs.sap.com/2021/08/23/sap-business-network-2108-release-whats-new/
As part of the innovations in the 2108 release, SAP Network Spatial Service was provided to customers and embedded in the SAP Asset Intelligence Network as a pilot.
A modern, agile, and scalable geospatial solution supports visual business processes, leverages existing geospatial investments, and facilitates business partner collaboration.
The geospatial solution is particularly relevant in the areas of flexibility (e.g., performing typical geospatial operations and analysis) and scalability (e.g., visualizing and clustering potentially millions of points of interest for Linear Assets).
SAP Network Spatial Service increases geospatial functionalities in SAP Business Network Solutions, such as AIN, Ariba, DVH, and LBN.
What makes SAP Network Spatial Service unique?
NSS provides a means to collaborate with nominated Network partners on business processes via a map, e.g.
- Maintenance partners sharing road works with underground utility partners;
- Logistics partners sharing delivery information required for work order fulfillment with maintenance partners. **
- Gives customers and partners configuration and open-source development options to enhance their network extensions and applications with geo-spatial information.
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership by leveraging a customer’s existing investment in geospatial capabilities.
- Integration with Asset Intelligence Network: Sharing details on where work is planned and performed with a common geographical map improves usability and alignment between trading partners. Users can now display contextual, geographical information of the work order and operations with a flexible mapping service that allows various styles and mapping technologies to be deployed. Additionally, geospatial data from accessible public and private sources (i.e., weather, traffic) can also be displayed alongside Work Order geographical information on the same map.
The above bullet point summarizes the key use case of SAP Network Spatial Service in the scope of SAP Business Network – Asset Intelligence Network 2108. For more information about what’s new in AIN, please https://blogs.sap.com/2021/08/31/sap-asset-intelligence-network-2108-release-whats-new/We hope you enjoy the new capabilities in this release.
Integration with SAP Geographical Enablement Framework
SAP Geographical Enablement Framework (GEF) extends business data with geometric attributes for S4/HANA applications, while NSS focuses on collaborative scenarios outside S/4HANA (AIN, DVH, Ariba, LBN).
ON the next release, NSS will have the ability to view SAP Geographical Enablement Framework (GEF) objects as a layer.
Get started with SAP Business Network
Thanks for reading the blog post, and Stay tuned to learn more about SAP Business Network visit http://sap.com/businessnetwork
For further questions and feedback related to the blog, please check the Q&A area and feel free to post your questions in the link with the tag Ariba Network or SAP Logistics Network, or SAP Asset Intelligence Network.
Kick-start your sourcing journey
Discover and connect to trading partners through a single directory, then collaborate with them using shared data and lean workflows. With a more resilient supply chain, you can improve your company’s stability and agility.
Register to find new customers
Get started on SAP Business Network by creating your profile. Doing so registers you for the SAP Ariba Discovery service. This business matchmaking service can automatically send you high-quality leads from buyers who want what you offer. Registration is free, and creating your profile is quick and easy.